Roof collision

TriDiWorx

Hi,

Can anyone tell from the picture what might be happening here? Why soffit wants to ram into my wall? Cannot edit this line.

These weird collisions between roofs, walls, railings, room dividers and attic walls are sometimes such a headache to understand what Chief is trying to do and how to fix it.

I am running premier x14 latest update.

Snag_4d7d584a.png

On 10/2/2022 at 6:38 PM, DRAWZILLA said:

the roof plane cannot go past the outside of the stucco or problems will happen, so just pull the roof plane back to the outside of the stucco

Hey,

Thanks. The roof plane is actually right beside the outside of the stucco. The only thing that seems to help is if I make a 20 mm gap between stucco and closest roof plane line. If I move it closer than 20 mm, then soffit for some reason becomes linked automatically with the wall and rams into it.

I don't know if those blue lines actually mean anything.  They could just be showing you the outline of what you have selected and it might look strange because you are at a strange angle in a perspective view.  The shadow line is more of a potential issue because this might indicate that the surfaces are not aligned.  What does this look like in a vector view?  Vector views are a much better way of telling when you have problems with the model.  Whenever I see missing lines or extra lines in a vector view I can tell that I have a modeling problem.

Regardless, if you want anything more than random thoughts and guesses, you should probably post the plan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 7:35 PM, DBCooper said:

I don't know if those blue lines actually mean anything.  They could just be showing you the outline of what you have selected and it might look strange because you are at a strange angle in a perspective view.  The shadow line is more of a potential issue because this might indicate that the surfaces are not aligned.  What does this look like in a vector view?  Vector views are a much better way of telling when you have problems with the model.  Whenever I see missing lines or extra lines in a vector view I can tell that I have a modeling problem.

Regardless, if you want anything more than random thoughts and guesses, you should probably post the plan.

Hi,

Sharing a link to onedrive with a plan: https://projektmaja-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/info_projektmaja_ee/EaMGxsM5oTVCrG5hN4SbCacBcHx7hUVKT2MbPdM24X5waw?e=E3z9wF

This colliding soffit is still visible just a bit behind quoins that I started to add. Would be good to know why this is happening so I can fix if I have similar situation next time.

If I pull roof plane a bit away from stucco, then it does not link with the wall.