Backsplash to Base Below

robdyck

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

• Solution

According to the migration guide:

The Backsplash to Base Below check box has been deprecated and is only available in legacy plan files if it was checked in a wall cabinet's specification dialog in the original program version.

Personally, I won't miss it.  I prefer using the custom backsplash tool instead.  I suppose you could take a wall cabinet from X13 with it already turned on, save it in the library, and then use it.  Seems like a pain though.

2 hours ago, robdyck said:

Is it just me or is this setting missing in X14? A very common scenario...

I too tend to use Material Regions for  Tile these days , but the Old workaround was to tuck a 3/4" deep base cabinet behind the Range and use it's backsplash.

M.

15 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

I prefer using the custom backsplash tool instead

If I was doing a kitchen plan, that would make sense, but for early conceptual plans in a home design, manual backsplashes would be ridiculous.

Making a library symbol was the answer and wasn't a pain at all. Took less than a minute. And look who came along for the ride!

image.thumb.png.7e81f69bbeedf854acfd2e831087fd75.png

If I was doing a kitchen plan, that would make sense, but for early conceptual plans in a home design, manual backsplashes would be ridiculous.

But having a wall cabinet with a backsplash isn't?  I'll have to check with my cabinet supplier and see if I can order them this way.  :)

One of the things l really like about the manual backsplash tool is how you can just click on a wall in an elevation/camera view and it auto fills around the cabinets and windows.  If you are lucky, you might not even have to do any editing to the shape.

16 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

But having a wall cabinet with a backsplash isn't?  I'll have to check with my cabinet supplier and see if I can order them this way.

Same would apply to a base cab., no? And handles, they're aren't supplied by the cab. mfr, but usually the dealer, no? And the countertop...

And I'm not ordering or installing cabinets, I'm just designing a home. And when I've got a few iterations of the kitchen to show the client, I'd just like the backsplash to move with everything else, that's all.

Just my thoughts, but Chief fixed something here that wasn't broken. For those who didn't want it, all they had to do was leave it unchecked in their templates. 

Meanwhile cultured stone materials are still force-building brick ledges and now they're also thinking about force-building treated lumber? 

Shaking Head GIFs - 50 Animated Images to Refuse or Condemn

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

I was trying to use the backsplash to counter below feature for the same reason Robert initially mentioned - just a quick preliminary design, and was also surprised to find that option no longer exists.  Found your helpful explanations here, but was wondering why the wall cabinet materials list still has both backsplash and countertop components.  To make sure it wasn't something with my defaults, I opened Chief's residential and kitchen templates, and both their wall cabinets had it listed too  Doesn't seem to make sense if there is no way to apply it or is their some reason I'm missing?

2023 05 Template Wall Cab matls.JPG