Drawing group for "cylinder"

Larry_Sweeney

I had used "cylinders" and sized them for #4 rebar mats in a concrete floor. I then made a cross section of the floor and used a concrete fill in the concrete section. After adding the concrete fill I was no able to see the "cylinders" I had made to show the rebar for my 3d renderings. Is there a way to make these "rebar cylinders" show in the fill? I've found no place that shows a "drawing group" for the "cylinders". When making the cylinder you can add a "fill color". I would think one purpose of this fill is so it would show up in a cross section like I'm trying to produce and it would then also be associated with a "drawing group". The only work around I see is to just draw a cad object to represent the rebar in the concrete cross section. Is this the only solution I have or am I missing something?

23 minutes ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

I had used "cylinders" and sized them for #4 rebar mats in a concrete floor. I then made a cross section of the floor and used a concrete fill in the concrete section. After adding the concrete fill I was no able to see the "cylinders" I had made to show the rebar for my 3d renderings. Is there a way to make these "rebar cylinders" show in the fill? I've found no place that shows a "drawing group" for the "cylinders". When making the cylinder you can add a "fill color". I would think one purpose of this fill is so it would show up in a cross section like I'm trying to produce and it would then also be associated with a "drawing group". The only work around I see is to just draw a cad object to represent the rebar in the concrete cross section. Is this the only solution I have or am I missing something?

Make sure they are turned on in your layers.  When you select them (you may need to either turn the fill off of your cad polyline) in the bar at the bottom of your screen it will show what layer and what group they belong to.

2 hours ago, rgardner said:

Make sure they are turned on in your layers.  When you select them (you may need to either turn the fill off of your cad polyline) in the bar at the bottom of your screen it will show what layer and what group they belong to.

Ryan..............My "Rebar" layer is on. At the bottom of my screen my "rebar cylinders" show as being in "Drawing Group 1 - FRONT" and my concrete fill in "Drawing Group 21 - CAD, but the rebar does not show. By what the Drawing Group order is showing the rebar should show. It just puzzle's me. I made a simple plan drawing a cylinder and then in elevation I drew a standard polyline with concrete fill across the cylinder. All items were Drawing Group 21 - CAD. Even the cylinder, which was covered by the concrete fill. I moved the concrete fill Drawing Group back one class and the cylinder showed. In my original plan I'm working on the cylinders I have as #4 rebar are in Drawing Group 1 - FRONT. (?) Go figure! How they got in Drawing Group 1 I have no idea. I'm not sure why/what is going on here, but for now I'm just going to cheat and draw a filled p-solid as representing the rebar and move on. I appreciate your input. Have a great day.

2 hours ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Is this the only solution I have or am I missing something?

Rebar in a cross section or in a section detail? To show rebar in a drawing less than 1" scale would just be silly. However, if you did indeed use a cylinder from the library of geometric shapes, it will not generate a fill pattern in section view. No symbol does. It will not even generate cross section lines.

A 3d solid or a molding line will at least generate cross section lines.