Door Schedules

BruceKC

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

Does anyone know why my door schedules have odd descriptions, such as Hinged-Door P02, or Garage-Door p12?  Talked to support and although they were great as always, they weren't sure why the default macros are giving me those strange descriptions.  One garage door shows "Garage-Door P12), the other says "Garage-Design 2 - Rec 14.  Totally puzzled.

6 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

here is the schedule

Hey Bruce, you gotta help us to help you! Simply make a copy of the plan file, and strip it down, then zip it up. Or use a dropbox or google drive link.

The plan file is pretty important to seeing what's going on...in the plan file!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BruceKC said:

my door schedules have odd descriptions, such as Hinged-Door P02, or Garage-Door p12

The Description Name normally comes from the Symbol name via the %Automatic description% macro AFAIK ( search the Library for the same name) but supplying the Stripped down Plan is going to be you best move here..

M.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BruceKC said:

From what I can tell looking those things up in the library, they are specific door styles from the Chief Library.  Hmmm.  Thanks everyone.

As an experiment add the following 2 columns to your schedule: Type and Style. Together those form most of the automatic description. And your right, the description takes the name of the Library symbol.

• Upvote 1

Robert,

I used the "ex/in" and type and that will work for me.  Style still delineates the "style of the door from the library", which I don't see how that would be relevant unless it were a custom homeowner's project.  You've been a great help, thanks again!

1 hour ago, BruceKC said:

Robert,

I used the "ex/in" and type and that will work for me.  Style still delineates the "style of the door from the library", which I don't see how that would be relevant unless it were a custom homeowner's project.  You've been a great help, thanks again!

Look a little closer to his description of what to use:

2 hours ago, robdyck said:

Depending on what info you want included, you could use these 2 columns to drop the library symbol name.

image.thumb.png.6f2f59509c80ece9c18070005eaffd78.png