Exporting Wall Elevations - Lines Appearing Faint in Areas?

sea_lyons

I've been having a pretty consistent issue when exporting wall elevations. Sections of the elevation will appear fainter than the rest. I'm using the Line Drawing function with all settings set to 0 except for Line Thickness which is set to 1. 

I've tried playing around with resolution and image size but all that this accomplishes is moving the faint/greyer spots to a different area. I've also tried increasing the Line Thickness as well which only makes the lighter area more obvious. 

Attaching a few examples of the same elevation. First two are the same resolution and size but changed line thickness to 2. Between image 1 and 3 I changed the size and image of the resolution.

Any idea on what's happening here or what I may be doing wrong? They still function as needed but its driving me insane aesthetically. 

Many thanks :)

Foyer Closet - Elevation 1.png

Foyer Closet - Elevation 2.png

Foyer Closet - Elevation 3.png

53 minutes ago, solver said:

By "export", are you referring to sending to Layout?

Sorry, I'm referring to exporting a picture. While sending to Layout solves the faint areas, it does not give a transparent background on the elevation (which I prefer). Not to mention, I sometimes need to email images alone vs an entire layout. 

149 Crescent Rd - Foyer Closet.plan

23 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Live Cameras?  make sure the Layerset Colors are all set to black..... 

I checked this. Everything is black besides dimensions and text. 

23 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

also try sending to Layout as Plot lines instead , it is still the preferred look for many.

I've never done this but just attempted to and it seems that the Plot Lines option is greyed out... not sure what I'd need to toggle on or off to make it available. 

image.thumb.png.22af2aa5c411be34bc98513c9a9e3910.png

3 minutes ago, solver said:

Try Vector View with color off.

I'm wondering if the Transparent background is causing the issues. Tried the Vector View with and without the transparent background with no other settings changed. Lines are perfect on the one with a background. 

1862583545_FoyerCloset-ElevationVector(Transparent).thumb.png.9b7d17b89089efd11ebfe1b06f29c118.png2126155747_FoyerCloset-ElevationVector.thumb.png.6fe4d8dcbc03b2f9a8ed2594136e72d0.png

13 hours ago, sea_lyons said:

Tried the Vector View with and without the transparent background with no other settings changed. Lines are perfect on the one with a background.

If you need to send this as an image, first click 'Fill Window' then click 'Print Preview'. You can then use the Export Picture or Export PDF tool if you need to save it, or you could use the Windows Snipping tool which is a bit quicker if you don't need to save it and want to paste it straight into an email.

17 hours ago, sea_lyons said:

I've never done this but just attempted to and it seems that the Plot Lines option is greyed out... not sure what I'd need to toggle on or off to make it available. 

It appears that what you have drawn using cad tools is just on the plan view and not a section or cad detail.  Plan view will only send in plot lines already so that is what you are getting which is without any type of background when you send to layout automatically.

What are you trying to export exactly?  Is this for a client to see the layout of the panels?  To a Cabinet maker? a GC?  Answering this may help someone to give you a best practices option.

BTW those are super easy to create using a full cabinet and then taking a wall view which will look cleaner in your export.

image.thumb.png.9044284e7b20de5df0c88bfc5da2907f.pngJust a quick random example.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

It appears that what you have drawn using cad tools is just on the plan view and not a section or cad detail.

Post 5 appears to be an Elevation View , not sure what Settings though as it appears Color is on on the Right toolbar but is greyed out?

even though it appears to be in Standard View not Vector View which may also be an Issue ...this is something I have seen happen with

several of my clients before, and may need resetting in the Camera Type Defaults ie to open Vector View automatically for Elevations.

M.