Rafter Callout vs Labels

Jonathan3891

I'm having a strange issue that I can't figure out.

I created a framing schedule for my rafters. I only want to label them with a label but its not working.

If I select "use callout" they are labeled fine, but if I select "use label" nothing is displayed.

Am I missing a step?

Using Label:

image.thumb.png.5bd4c24d3a04a81047c9153fb657d17c.png

image.thumb.png.1deb9e7abc0f913cbbf8454b89554aff.png

Using Callout:

image.thumb.png.c11cd610f5c2d799dd12cbeacf6bb028.png

image.thumb.png.a475dba341070ad3882acfa0b0eeb4f1.png

Either your "Framing,Labels" layer is not turned on or you have not entered a rafter label.  Typically rafters are not individually labeled so that is not likely turned on by default but you can do it for special circumstances or personal preference.

12 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Either your "Framing,Labels" layer is not turned on or you have not entered a rafter label.  Typically rafters are not individually labeled so that is not likely turned on by default but you can do it for special circumstances or personal preference.

My framing labels are turned on.

I would assume the callout and label be on the same layer. Is that not the case?

16 minutes ago, Jonathan3891 said:

My framing labels are turned on.

I would assume the callout and label be on the same layer. Is that not the case?

Yes that is true so that means you have nothing entered for the label in the rafter DBX.

Open a rafter's dialog then click on the label tab:  image.thumb.png.ee61e6b7d571cdae135832bc104ec758.png

Try something like this:  image.thumb.png.819a43395b1cad51b3d1f4cadf91d6f0.png

This is essentially the lon back road to get back to the start. If you want to display a number for the rafter, the schedule callout is the right tool for the job.

Perhaps you want to display some other information for the rafter label...?