Boxed Out Window Help

SNestor

Thanks for all the help.  I think I got it.  It's not perfect however.  See attached.  Seems to be something sticking out of the roof...not sure why.  At least I was able to build the darn thing.  

Thanks again for all the comments and efforts. 

post-227-0-33135100-1421621688_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-11908300-1421621736_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-00983300-1421621756_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-69799700-1421621766_thumb.jpg

roof pitch on your porch is 8/12 drawing shows 6/12 , which is room for your corbels....

and I see 3 windows :)

You talking to me Mick? I didn't open any of the

plans, I just referred to the PDF Steve supplied  

in the post previous to mine and used that roof

pitch and the 3 windows that were shown.

Well...that's it exactly.  So...how do I accomplish this?  

Maybe it is simple?

Steve, sorry I couldn't get back sooner. It looks

like you are getting it under control. I still like my

approach which is similar to Bill's. Draw the bump 

out as a skinny little room and adjust the floor

height of the room to suit your purpose. Punch a

hole in the interior section of the wall with a pass

thru window. I left the room as unspecified. You

can now add whatever window configuration you

like as well as control the other materials in the

room. The floor material becomes the material on

the top surface of the bump out ledge/shelf. All in

all it gives a nice clean look without any annoying

and unwanted artifacts.

post-126-0-19947300-1421659667_thumb.png

it sounds like a standard Auto Box Window with a couple of brackets from the library ,   is it not working/ what is the problem?

M.

edit : your settings seem to work for me Steve on Auto ..I didn't add the brackets btw....  and you need to delete each side window at 12" depth

attachicon.gif12x36 Box window.JPG

attachicon.gif12x36 Box window.plan

Mick,  yours works because you do not have a room/porch below the pop out window.  This is a very interesting issue.  On my X6 in works on X7 it does not.  The reason it works on X6 is because the ceiling height is not defaulted,  default ceiling height in porch and it does not work.  Why this is not consistent with X7 I do not know.

Steve I do these all the time in CA, see attached file.. I hope this helps, if you have any ? just ask. It would take me to long to type everything I did out.

Phil

Phil says he does these all the time,  as do I,  however I typically do not have a porch below,  so I understand why it is not working for me......  IF I DEFAULT CEILING HT AT PORCH BELOW IT DOES NOT WORK.

Phil did his on X7,  I assume he has a good overview  (he did not  post a pic),  I opened Phil's plan,  did nothing but do floor overview and the attached pic is what I got, broken.

So Phil,  if you are using X7,  and you do a full overview,  what does it look like?  Is it broken like mine or does it work.

Oh,  here is a thought,  I am on a MAC and Phil is probably not.  I think there is something a bit askew with the MAC's for this type of a model.

post-50-0-96172200-1421671486_thumb.jpg

You talking to me Mick? I didn't open any of the

plans, I just referred to the PDF Steve supplied  

in the post previous to mine and used that roof

pitch and the 3 windows that were shown..

NO Rich it was aimed at Steve his plan I downloaded had the  porch roof at 8 /12 but his PDF shows 6/12  which drops the roofline making room for the corbels, it also shows 3 windows ,but asked for one originally , then 2 which changes the game plan , you can't use the Auto Box window with multiple windows

Mick,  yours works because you do not have a room/porch below the pop out window.  This is a very interesting issue.  On my X6 in works on X7 it does not.  The reason it works on X6 is because the ceiling height is not defaulted,  default ceiling height in porch and it does not work.  Why this is not consistent with X7 I do not know.

Originally I did it without all the pertinent information ,,, I blame Steve  :)    ie its 2 storey above a porch with 3 windows not 1.....

don't have the beta to play in yet....

Mick