Global Schedule Deselect Command???

contractcad

I happen to be working on a small commercial building addition that I had already added a previous addition to several years ago. Is there a way that I can do a window grab across the existing part of the building and then deselect that portion from the schedule list rather than individually picking each window, door, cabinet, wall etc., opening the item and then deselecting the schedule box located on it's schedule tab???

2 hours ago, contractcad said:

I happen to be working on a small commercial building addition that I had already added a previous addition to several years ago. Is there a way that I can do a window grab across the existing part of the building and then deselect that portion from the schedule list rather than individually picking each window, door, cabinet, wall etc., opening the item and then deselecting the schedule box located on it's schedule tab???

Marquis select them all and set to not include in schedule.  Or set them to show as a custom field, like existing windows.

2 hours ago, contractcad said:

Tried doing the marquis select but no radio button found to deselect the selection from the schedule. Only way I found was by selecting like items and then opening them up. (i.e. windows, doors, etc.)

Once you have them selected open them all together and have a look at the schedules panel of the dbx…

6 hours ago, contractcad said:

Tried doing the marquis select but no radio button found to deselect the selection from the schedule. Only way I found was by selecting like items and then opening them up. (i.e. windows, doors, etc.)

That's typically how it works , the select similar tool  on the edit tool bar ( yellow - 4 dots) is handy for this , so you don't have to do it manually, you can do it by item, layer, etc etc....

M.

If you are in window mode, using marquee select should only select windows.  If you are in door mode, using marquee select should only select doors.  You can use this technique to select multiple similar objects and then you can open them for specification and remove them from the schedules.

You can also use the match properties tool to select multiple similar objects.

You can also use layer sets to only display certain kinds of objects to make it easier to select them.

You can also use the schedule itself to select a group of similar objects by using the Open Row Objects tool.  This might be the fastest way to remove all of a particular object from a schedule but it won't work as well if you only want to remove some of the row objects.  You would first need to make them show in separate schedule rows.

You can also use custom categories to mark objects in your plan as "existing" and then filter them out of your schedules.  This would probably be slightly more work then just removing them from the schedule but it would allow more flexibility if you needed to ever show both the existing and new objects in separate schedules.

There are probably a number of other tools/techniques that could also be used.

MarkMc can't log into the Forum at the moment so he has asked me to post this for him.........

Use Style Palettes      (they are great for fixing things)

select object, say window, select Style Palette, create new > name it > eg  SP_no schedule.

>Settings clear all, then find the setting for schedule and set OFF,

go on through the list selecting other object types and adding them to that SP    - doors, walls, cabinets, fixtures etc

For each item instead of new schedule add them to the No Schedule SP - then you can marque select using that style palette

to clear / turn off include in schedule for all 

- And you now have this SP in the library good for future use too. 

Regards,

Mark

@MarkMc

• Upvote 1