How Long Does It Take To Get A High Quality Raytrace?

MAINEWOOD59

Hi, I took the plunge and upgraded from 9.54 to X6.  Any tips on ray tracing techniques would be appreciated.  I ran (2) separate interior images.  One for an hr. inside high quality and one ten minutes inside high quality.  I did not see much difference?

post-3914-0-47940200-1421161609_thumb.jpg

post-3914-0-94547600-1421161677_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Please do a "Search" here as there have been several "threads" (discussions) already about this matter. The first thing is making sure that just the minimum "light sources" are turned "on" per ray trace (each unneeded light sources adds time to the overall time necessary to get a good image).

Then adjusting light sources in location and intensity and adjusting how materials in the view reflect and react to light. It is an ART that one learns through applied study followed by lots of practice, failures and successes. Have at it.

DJP

.......  -8 F here today in Maine.  Good day to be inside "drawing."

I swear,  I am so fed up with this SoCal weather,  it's over 66 degrees outside and the sun is beating down through my office window......  I have to turn on the A/C to cool this room down.......  I suppose when I play golf this Thursday,  hopefully it will a bit overcast so I won't sweat as I am hitting my tee shots.

I swear,  I am so fed up with this SoCal weather,  it's over 66 degrees outside and the sun is beating down through my office window......  I have to turn on the A/C to cool this room down.......  I suppose when I play golf this Thursday,  hopefully it will a bit overcast so I won't sweat as I am hitting my tee shots.

Scott what a B___ buster, I bet you can't ski in that warm temp. it's all down hill back east here

Scott what a B___ buster, I bet you can't ski in that warm temp. it's all down hill back east here

Well,  I can't ski here,  but in March I will take a 2 hour  plane flight and a 30 minute shuttle up to the slopes in Utah and I will be Snow Boarding down the slopes in Solitude with my son.  Easy Peasy. Yes,  at my advanced age I can snow board with the best of them.

I just hope it is not too too warm that I have to take my t-shirt off......  the abs ain't what they use to be,  but I am working on them.  They look more like a case right now,  working on a six pack by March.