Bullnose tile outside corner

Eglazier8

I'm trying to add bullnose to a shower seat.  Since Chief doesn't appear to offer bullnose tile I created a polyline solid, which worked fine until I had to join two pieces where the front and side of the top of the seat come together.  Chief won't allow you to cut the ends of the bullnose at 45's and join them.  Anyone have advice for how to handle this?

Joining bullnose.jpg

I tried clipping the 45's before I rounded the edges and once you have a clipped edge the software won't allow you to round the edge, so it's either one or the other.

Please post questions in General Q&A. Tips & Techniques is where you share your tips and techniques.

Please check your messages -- envelope icon top of page.

46 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You can likely use a Molding Line for this drawn in Plan View but I haven't tried it yet.....

M.

Molding Line does work , though I thought the Grout Lines would work out better with a molding line....

image.thumb.png.a30859b40f020f157014e829f90d734f.png

I did this one using a 3D Solid.

Filleted the appropriate corners, exploded, applied copies of the tile material to each face and then adjusted each faces material Offset to get the grout lines to line up and create the bullnose tiles.

Select All, Make Architectural block or Symbol.

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 10.30.53 am.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MarkMc said:

image.thumb.png.77ab42b3bbae2f1ff759a1e019d8f2d4.png

Top is counter with molding on edge- bottom can be solid, cabinet, another counter...

Haven’t tried this but seems a thick countertop with edge profile would also work?

personally I just modeled something similar and needed to show a border with a different pattern/texture. I made it out of 2 solids very quickly.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    smashing
    Newest Member
    smashing

• By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, the index is only updated Bi-Monthly. There are plenty of posts made in between updates.

CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:
      =======================================================
      FREE SECTION
      =======================================================
      ARCHITECTURAL-NEW!!!
      RABS 3D GUTTERS - DL   CAD Blocks-NEW!!!
      RABS Bathroom Standards - DL   CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL   RABS INTEGRATED SINK - DL DAMS AND BRIDGES
      CONNECTER - DL  DECOR:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL SANTA TERESA DAY BED - DL CAT TREE - DL KITCHEN RELATED:
      RAYTRACE INFORMATION KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL CAFE APPLIANCES, PAINTABLE(CORRECTED) - DL LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 RECESSED NC HALO 4 INCH LED WITH HOUSING - DL NEW!! 03-22-20 MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL   
      RABS SIDING MATERIALS - DL  SEARCH TOOLS
      CHIEF ARCHITECT SPECIFIC SEARCH SEEMLESS TEXTURE SEARCH MODEL SEARCH IMAGE SEARCH CODE LOOKUP STYLE PALLETS
      GARZA VANITY - DL OPERABLE GLASS TRANSOM SHOWER WINDOW - DL  
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     FIREPLACE STACK TOOLS - DL ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL    BATH SURROUND TOOLS ARCHED CABINETS -DL Rabs Cat Tree - DL VIDEOS: 
      YouTube Channel Search Tools For Designers and Drafters ARCHED CABINET COMMUNITY CHALLENGE EDITING SPHEREICAL BACKDROPS PREP TO TRACE YOUR PDF PLANSET TRIM KITS FOR BUILT-IN APPLIANCES 3D LOGO CREATION-THE EASY WAY CUSTOM SHOWER SURROUND TILE LAYOUTS RABBITT DESIGN IG TAKEOVER OF CHIEF ARCHITECT X-14 BETA LIVE OVERVIEW LINKED CALLOUTS FROM NOTES  
      ========================================================
      PAID SECTION
      ========================================================
      QUICK TOOLS:
      RABS KITCHEN QUICK TOOLS   RABS FIREPLACE DYNAMIC TOOL

Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests 03-30-2020-6:49PM: Deleted Video Links and added link to YouTube Channel   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links Fireplace Stack
      01-05-2022-fixed broken links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB

• By creatrix
      How would I make one marker such as the one I've shown below? This is for a shower and there's just not that much room for 4.

• By jlcDesign
      Ladies & Gentlemen, there doesn't appear to be any decent hoses in the Kohler catalog unless you count either the one that comes with the slide bar or the one that's made to connect way up high.  I'm doing a kind-of foot (or dog) washing station, and I want to either create or otherwise acquire a hose.  I've tried with doing a molding polyline in elevation view, but the problem is that it has to curve both left/right and front/back.  See attached.  Love to hear some insight!

• By mserleth
      I would like to tile only half a wall with paint on the top half. I cannot find the tool, or know how to use a tool, to make this happen.
      Can someone point me in the right direction?
    • By mconnell
      Greetings, Does anyone have a couple hex tile and cube tile they can share. I've been in this define material box about an hour and it keeps reverting to the original or i'm not getting the results i'm looking for. Please & thanks

IMG_4705 2.HEIC