Roof Frieze Moldings

Designer1

Over the years, Ive noticed periodically a roof frieze molding acts up like in the pictures.  Usually, I just ignore it, or will manually place a molding to hide the gap. I found a lot of times it happened because below that roofline there was a balcony with a railing that would mess it up.  This time there is no balcony railings just windows yet on the same house one corner is fine while the other the molding stops.  Does anyone know why this occurs randomly? 

Thanks in advance!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for the reply.  No this roof was automatic and I usually use the automatic ones and then alter if needed.  For me this has always intermediately happened on all versions of chief and I can usually figure out whats going on. For me if I used different sized walls or railings usually affect the molding.  Ill continue to explore it and see if I can find out why this ones not working this time.  I wish the moldings on the roof dbx were able to be adjusted in 3d like a polyline molding just to make it a bit easier.

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I wish the moldings on the roof dbx were able to be adjusted 

Roof moldings can be adjusted. A bit tricky to select, and the layer they're on is locked by default, also they act a little wonky. So it's not often a useful feature, but you can select and edit them.

Thanks for the reply Chris... Ill check that out.  I was playing around with wall adjustments to see if that made a difference but unfortunately it didnt.  Maybe I just have a plan file thats corrupt.  I might just do copy paste into a brand new plan if I cant resolve it.

Right I agree Eric.  I think its a corrupted plan file.  I erased nearly everything on the plan and my railing issue I had in another post, started to act normal again.    I might just do copy paste into a brand new plan to clear it up. I actually was going to post the plan regarding the railing issue but when I erased nearly everything it stopped the issue so something is making things not work properly.  That was just for the railing though not sure about the roof moldings.  I went to delete the entire roof plan and nothing I could do would take off sections of the roof molding.  So it sounds like a bad file.

Hi Michael, yeah not sure if its an object in my plan thats causing it or what. The railings act normal once nearly everything is deleted not sure about the frieze molding issue. Yeah I might send it in if I cant figure out whats causing it.