Can't click garage or othr non-livable space as an object (highlights entire building instead)

RynoInAZ

I've tried searching, but can'f find anything close.  I know I must have click or unclicked something in Home Designer Pro 2021 that I shoudln't have...but can't figure this out.

I'm trying to click into my garage as an object so I can relabel it, but when I do it highlights and selects the entire house.  It has not always done this.  It does this with the backyard patio, too (I removed the patio on this screenshot).

I'm sure this is a simple fix that I'm spending hours trying to figure out.  Hoping somebody can give me a quick pointer here.  Thank in advance.  Screenshot of what happens when I click the garage is attached.

Capture.JPG

From the looks of your screenshot, I would say that the source of your problem is those double walls.  You have created a scenario where you have one large exterior room enveloping the entire plan because, although it might be very very narrow,  it continues between those double walls.  Try setting ONE of the walls at each of those double wall instances to a furred wall and see if that fixes your problem.  Or, you could optionally set one of those walls to no room definition.  There are other solutions as well but try those three on for size.

14 hours ago, RynoInAZ said:

Thanks mtldesigns.  Tabbing through worked (I didn't even know that), but would be nice to know how to prevent this from happening if anybody knows.

Since you use HDP 2021 , try asking over on the HomeTalk Forum as well , they are more familiar with your Software than here on ChiefTalk

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

M.