Library Error In X5

RL-inc

I had a problem with my computer and had to create a new user profile on it.

I copied everything over from the old profile but some of the bonus libraries and manufacturer libraries didn't come over. ( just some - not all )

when I try import them from the CA website I get the attached error message.

post-235-0-86430900-1420248883_thumb.png

any ideas - I am wondering if I should reinstall X5 in this new user profile?

running CA as administrator works - all the libraries are there when i open X5 that way- but will i have t that every time?

when i close it down and then reopen through the icon on the task bar i get the same issue.

the following error appears for every library folder that is not there when i open X5 in regular mode-[attachmen

t=4754:CA SNIP.PNG]

is there an issue wit running X% as administrator every time i use it??

post-235-0-09633900-1420305940_thumb.png

i guess the other question i have is - should i delete X5 from this user profile and re-install.

my eventual goal is to remove the previous user profile from the machine all together one i am certain that i have the new profile complete and stable.

( man- i wish i was better at the computer end of this stuff  ;) )

You cant delete the only Administrator on a system ,so either make the new user an admin too or Run X5 as admin. as it looks like you are running into privledges issue with the standad user and chief can't update/open certain files as the new user does not have permission , you maybe able to change the permissions to "everyone" but for the non computer techie it is probably easier to reinstall under the new profile (as admin)

if you are going to update this week to X6 before the extended sale ends on the 12th ($516), just do that instead, and you'll get X7 in a few months too.

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/rebates/

I think you are on the right track with it- i will talk to my computer gal on Monday and see if i can get rid of the old user completely and make sure that the new user profile has all the proper privileges.

Already running X6- just have some plans in X5 that I use.

thanks for all the advice.

X6 will open any X5 plan , unless you share X5 files with others? then saving them in X6 would stop that.

if you can get into the old admin profile ?  goto control panel > users>open new profile/user and make user an admin too if not already

another thought is if you originally installed X5 for "this User Only"  you may need to reinstall with the "All Users" option , you may be able to rerun the installer without uninstalling and get a "repair install" option and change that setting , maybe possible to do from Control Panel >Programs>X5 ,click on it and it will give you the option to uninstall or perhaps repair.

A Repair install may mean having to reinstall any patches/updates you did on X5  though  

NOTE: I am not sure if this requires a deactivation and then reactivation or not  ,so maybe talk to CA on Monday 1st , you don't want to lose an emergency transfer even though it is on the same machine.