Designing Water Drops/Running Water

proformacon

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

5 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Likely an image would be the way to go with something like that but the lighting and background would need to be just right.

There’s definitely a lot of transparent PNGs out there that will fit the bill but you’re right about lighting, etc. May be difficult 

Chief doesn't have particles that i have found anyway. Most renders that have those effects are typically done with particle generators. you might can export your Chief images and import them into another program like BLENDER, use the particle generator for your shot with your chief image as a backdrop? Just a thought

1 minute ago, Denzil said:

Chief doesn't have particles that i have found anyway. Most renders that have those effects are typically done with particle generators. you might can export your Chief images and import them into another program like BLENDER, use the particle generator for your shot with your chief image as a backdrop? Just a thought

I ended up doing a poly and painting it as rain. Looks OKAY, not great but it gets the point across. 

Untitled 2.jpg

• Solution
13 hours ago, Denzil said:

Chief doesn't have particles that i have found anyway.

Chief sort of has particles.

I did this one quickly with spheres (big ones) and Distribution Path, make symbol, copy, rotate......

But, it is very slow to redraw, although you could only use it at the end. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 6.25.46 pm.jpg

• 7 months later...
On 12/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, proformacon said:

You can always look on TurboSquid. Pretty decent selection of water items. 

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/liquid-material?page_num=2&synonym=water