WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

Gary-Doski

This is an issue when trying to get a window transom over a door. 

The reason is that the door (when selected) is showing the inside edge of the door frame, (incorrect) while the window shows the exterior

edge of the window frame (correct). 

The diag. boxes are not consistent. Door  diag. shows casing "Reveal" (which is what I like) and the window casing shows "Overlap Frame" (which is not useful).

DOOR TRAMSOM ELEV.jpg

Yes, putting a transom window over a door is a real bugger. I'd suggest whenever possible, use a fixed door for transom windows or sidelights that will be mulled to a door.

Keep in mind that when mulled, the interior casing will switch to window settings - overlap frame. This will then need to be set to a negative number to get the casing reveal.

4 hours ago, Gary-Doski said:

The diag. boxes are not consistent. Door  diag. shows casing "Reveal" (which is what I like) and the window casing shows "Overlap Frame" (which is not useful).

I have never figured out why the call the Window Reveal an Overlap , never heard that term anywhere in the industry in 30+yrs.....

And to make it worse the Exterior Overlap of Windows by DEFAULT is set to Zero , again something I have never seen, not sure why it's never been fixed?   it would be a tad "breezy" in those homes :) , personally I prefer a 1/8 - 3/16" Reveal

@Dermot? .....  not enough complaints?  it is a Industry Term though .....  

image.thumb.png.507caa07d0ea71b1d14b8efaea023125.png