Two buildings with different wall heights

greglocke

I'm trying to draw plans for a new shop building that will have 14' ceiling on 1st floor and attic trusses to create a bonus room.  This building will be connected by breezeway to an existing one story ranch that has 8' ceilings.  The structure height on the existing house shows 8' plate height, but the camera view elevation shows the roof to be what looks like 14'.  Seems to be picking up the properties of the new shop.  I'm at a total loss as to why this is happening.  Anyone have thoughts on this?  I'm using version 13.  My plan file is attached.

image.thumb.png.40be6d80a14b97246253efb694fc3178.png

Archer Shop.plan

17 hours ago, greglocke said:

Seems to be picking up the properties of the new shop.  I'm at a total loss as to why this is happening.  Anyone have thoughts on this?

It is/was because you set the Level 1 Ceiling Height Default to 14' which effects the whole plan...... better to set it to 8' and then adjust the Workshop Space only to 14'

M.

image.thumb.png.36d15ff11b435d7fc63065c0cbd4f16c.png

Thank you!  So simple.  I saw some older post for a similar situation that the recommendation was to draw each building in a separate file then xref one into the other.  I've done that before, but it has it's own issues to keep straight.  Is the current best thinking to have both buildings in the same file?  Also, is there a way to wholesale lower one building to match terrain, or do you have to do it with -xx" for first floor and same for each above that?  That's what I've done so far, bust there3 have been many issues to resolve.

Thanks again!

A project like this , 1 File should be fine  , and yes it should be no issue to set the workshop say 24" Lower than the main house by using the absolute Floor Height reference , in this case at say -24"  , you do need to watch that the Ceiling height is still at Default/Desired Hgt. though ie still 14', otherwise it will stay at set height of 14' above Absolute (0" in CA) which would be a 16' Ceiling in this case.

M.