jscussel

Display & Print non-solid lines in layout. X6

When sending an elevation to layout, I can't get the foundation to display non-solid line styles.

I have a dash line selected for the layers Footings & Foundation prior to sending to layout.

I am able to go to layout and using the "Edit Layout Line" tool and change the lines to dash.

Am I doing something wrong or is this feature broken in the latest update?

Jon

Curt,

Thanks. But that thread is more about using a polyline with a white angle hatch. Which I have been doing for years.

This new X6 feature worked for me in Beta, Not working now.

Jon

Michael,

Could you list the steps you took to get this to work?

In advance. thanks

Jon

Jon,

I think what you're probably not doing is...

You need to change the line style for "Walls, Foundation"  for the dashed lines to show up in elevation.

Make sure when sending the view to layout, you uncheck the boxes for the line types so that the layer set is prevailing and not the layout line type.

Michael,

That changed the wall outline in elevation view to dash. But in layout the lines are still solid..

I thought that the layers "Footings" & "Foundation" were where you changed the line style.

Michael,

That changed the wall outline in elevation view to dash. But in layout the lines are still solid..

I thought that the layers "Footings" & "Foundation" were where you changed the line style.

It works fine for me.  Did you make sure to open the elevation view from the layout and update it??

Joey,

That doesn't change anything either. Still solid.

Jon

Go to the section view layer set then down to foundation walls and make the line type dashed.

OK here is what worked.

Change the layer "Walls, Foundation" to a dash style. Uncheck "Use Edge Line Defaults".

Jon

OK here is what worked.

Change the layer "Walls, Foundation" to a dash style. Uncheck "Use Edge Line Defaults".

Jon

Now that is surprising. I thought Joey had the correct answer when he said do not do that. I must look at this in the AM, maybe I am missing something.

Now that is surprising. I thought Joey had the correct answer when he said do not do that. I must look at this in the AM, maybe I am missing something.

Joey DID have the correct answer.  He said to UNCHECK that box.

Joey DID have the correct answer.  He said to UNCHECK that box.

Thanks Michael, I misunderstood. I thought Joey had the right answer, and he did.