rich text box shrunk on layout

SH_Canada

I've noticed when I open up previous files the rich text box shrunk. 

image.thumb.png.3ab23958de37cbb4e40cfccf461301f1.png

instead of

image.thumb.png.6cbc470ad3d51963b62a137a3c526dd2.png

I have no idea what event triggered this. My only thought is it was around the time that I removed my second monitor, but really that should have nothing to do with it)

anyone seen this before?

there is a known issue with Text, when opening plans at different resolutions, been around for quite some time but no fix

as yet , the fix is to open the text block , click OK (may not be needed) and close it again.....

In some cases it will be faster to go All Layers Off > Turn Text only back on, group select all, open the DBX and close the DBX .

* are you sure the Layout is fully Updated?

M. 

the resolution looks to be the same on the other monitor, however, extending the desktop acorss both maybe changes it. Anyway as @Kbird1indicates, opening and closing the dbx worked

what does 

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Layout is fully Updated?

mean?

i zoom in and out and nothing changes

2 hours ago, jasonN said:

what does 

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Layout is fully Updated?

mean?

Sometimes you will need to manually update the Layout either with the circle Icon on the Toolbar  (2) when the layout box is selected or Via the Update Icon up on the Main Toolbar (1) , Text and Dimensions are pretty good at updating immediately though.

image.thumb.png.0301740a7c3162d72837b69f776ebf4c.png

16 hours ago, jasonN said:

i think that just updates the view?

Yes , I was just trying to think of another reason the layout may not look correct if it wasn't the Known Text Issue.

I think the Text issue maybe related to the number of Pixels (ppi) rather than resolution of different monitors, but it seems Chief can not fix it as it has been around for 2-3 verions now.

M.