Custom casings?

RicatRandM

It can't be done totally automatic due to the Lintel Blocks but the fluted casing is in the Library - CA-11 and the Top you can use the Standard

OOB Lintel set to the correct width.

Then in Elevation use a polyline solid for the Block and then copy reflect it to the other side of the door .....you can then block the two blocks and copy them to the other side of the Wall or make a Symbol from them for future use as well.

image.thumb.png.b95fc94b79843688ecb576d9f2792938.png  image.thumb.png.061de6c796cbc6aeb9f74e25d4c8468f.png

4 hours ago, RicatRandM said:

Any suggestions

3 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

It can't be done totally automatic

I thought I'd found a way when doing rosettes but it's been a while. Had to wait till back in the office. Well there is a way using a custom millwork symbol for shutters (I left material as concrete for clarity) combined with a lintel.

IT will resize and can be set as default, or used in a style palette. Attached plan with lintel profile and shutter symbol used.

image.thumb.png.ac6a784bf99d28868eacb43bf6a2dd42.png

You need a different shutter symbol for other wall thickness.

The really tricky part is that Chief will not put shutters on a doorway. IF the only care is standard 3D views then you can just change the door to opening no material (top image). BUT if you need it in vector or elevation then you need a magic invisible door bottom image. Zip file has that as a library.

Flat rosettes.zip

10 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

The really tricky part is that Chief will not put shutters on a doorway.

Yep true, I tried Shutters as well 1st, so had to go with the symbol , which with the center tool is pretty quick once made.

M.

9 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

which with the center tool is pretty quick once made.

That's fine for one or two but not a whole house full which will include hinged doors gets to be a bit much IMO.

Gonna need to do windows too.

That can be a copy of the symbol with new offsets to bury the exterior blocks in the wall but move the interior ones to show for thicker wall, also needs an offset to X origin. If the buried piece is objectionable then need a symbol without doubles for windows. Yes you could fuss with millwork above casing for that too, not sure which is easier. ;->

image.thumb.png.2e42e24bc47c7079c50f794024156858.pngimage.thumb.png.8985eb4245f5b7caf944e032d82b5601.png

image.png

5 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

But don't we want actual routed rosettes?  A block ain't one.

I thought Chief had a symbol for one in some bonus library full of millwork.

The OP's Pic does not have a Rosette......Mark mentioned them though...

Chief does have some though and there are some in the Woodmark>Waypoint Kitchen Library and the PennVille>Onlay Library too

M.