Text Style Choice

mcrump

The P Man.

I appreciate your explanation, but it doesn't clarify the + and - of the three different choices. Is one better than the other?

I may have created a couple of the same text styles for different types of plans. For me its all automatic so say, I have a 1/2" scale plan which needs smaller text size, so just create another text style just for that occasion. They are all part of the anno-sets so, automatic and I never need to think about that again.. I guess I could have labeled it better but like I say, "What the H***". I always use "Use layer for text style b/c its a lot easier to change it there if you need to.

Perry, just a guess, but OP might not understand that the different sizes are for different layout sizes. For example:

Ledger (ANSI B )

Arch D (24x36)

You adjust your text size for the paper size you print to. The rest (font, line weights and colors are just preferences).

I do not think anybody is addressing what Mr. McCrump is referring to.  He is asking whether he should select text via LAYER,  CUSTOM or the other option.

To answer Mr. McCrump's question,  I say use LAYER as the default choice.....  and then go from there depending on the situation.

I do not think anybody is addressing what Mr. McCrump is referring to.  He is asking whether he should select text via LAYER,  CUSTOM or the other option.

To answer Mr. McCrump's question,  I say use LAYER as the default choice.....  and then go from there depending on the situation.

Guilty. This means that I may need to start actually reading the OP. Scott, you take all the fun out of this. :)

I prefer using a single set of annotation layers for each discipline, then use Use Text Style with a text style for each drawing scale. So if I'm producing a 1/4" floor plan, selecting the 1/4" Floor Plan annoset will ensure all the floor plan annotations go on their respective layers (Floor, Text; Floor, Dimensions; Floor, Markers; Floor, Callouts) at the proper scale. Of course, this setup depends on not requiring floor plans at multiple scales within the same drawing set.