Missing Toolbars

KyleJantz

19 minutes ago, KyleJantz said:

Just for interest sake, I didn't have any hot keys after the update either. Guess That will teach me to export my custom hot keys to a backed up folder.

Put a copy back in the HotKeys Folder  ( or copy over from X12 Hotkeys Folder if need )

image.thumb.png.53f9ba68c80c58af96bb3b9896350dda.png

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michael_Gia said:

Disingenuous replies above. 

Not at all, you are talking above a totally different Issue, we are discussing Missing Toolbars ....not messed up Toolbars ....in this thread, .....which I only saw myself in Early Beta versions of X13 but not since the full Release of X13 , unfortunately I don't know what changed , though my monitors haven't.  

• Upvote 1

Disingenuous replies above. 

There is a major problem with Chief toolbars when more than one monitor is involved. 
It has been a while that there has not been a fix for this. 
If like to see Chief at least own up to it. 

First, I don't believe anyone was being disingenuous in their replies above.

Second, I don't believe missing toolbars are actually related to toolbars losing their button arrangement.  The link I posted above was only to address issues with missing toolbars.

Third, as far as Chief "owning up to the problem" you are referring to is concerned, I will refer you to these prior threads, where Chief employees discussed these problems and asked people for more information to help us solve them:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/29164-menu-bug/

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/26176-x12-toolbar-scrambles-itself-regularly-anyone-else-have-this-issue/?tab=comments#comment-210727

Fourth, because some people actually did help us when we asked them to, we were able to identify and correct a problem that we believe was causing this toolbar corruption.  As far as we know, this problem has been fixed in X13.  If you, or anyone else, can still reproduce this problem, then please contact our tech support department so that you can provide them with additional information so that we can look into this further.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have sent in this problem multiple times in the past and it was treated as if it never happens to anyone else.  No solution and no acknowledgement of a problem even though you are all aware of it.
To my knowledge I don’t think any other software on the planet has a problem with their toolbars. It’s bizarre.
Chief doesn’t need any new features. I’d gladly give up new features for the next 3 years of SSA if you all promised to fix the problems the program already has. 

• Downvote 3

• 5 weeks later...

New problem

I'm still running Designer Architectural 2016 with Windows 10.    My toolbar has also gone missing in action.

I've looked at Troubleshooting Guide KB-01147, but it doesn't help.

I tried renaming the Toolbox folder to Toolbox_Old  with no result.

I tried to follow the next instruction to open 'Tools-Toolbars&Hotkeys' folder, but there is no such folder under the Tools menu in the plan file or in the Toolbars folder in the program file.

Any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, NeilBolton said:

New problem

I'm still running Designer Architectural 2016 with Windows 10.    My toolbar has also gone missing in action.

I've looked at Troubleshooting Guide KB-01147, but it doesn't help.

I tried renaming the Toolbox folder to Toolbox_Old  with no result.

I tried to follow the next instruction to open 'Tools-Toolbars&Hotkeys' folder, but there is no such folder under the Tools menu in the plan file or in the Toolbars folder in the program file.

Any suggestions?

I would strongly suggest that you check out the hometalk forum (https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/) which is setup for users of your software.  Although there are many similarities between the programs when it comes to errors or issues with the program itself it is much better to ask those that may be able to duplicate or have had that problem.

I may be on the wrong forum, but I more or less accidentally found the answer to my problem, which may apply to other versions.  For me, at least, it seems to be related to a Windows feature to avoid ransomware.  The troubleshooting guide is -    

Troubleshooting Error Messages Associated With the Program's Data Folder

Reference Number: KB-03125

I followed the procedure, and lo and behold my toolbar was back.

4 minutes ago, NeilBolton said:

I may be on the wrong forum, but I more or less accidentally found the answer to my problem, which may apply to other versions

Thanks for letting everyone know .... you might want to post over the answer for others over on Hometalk too....

Reference Number: KB-03125

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03125/troubleshooting-error-messages-associated-with-the-program-s-data-folder.html

normally you would be better posting questions on HomeTalk not Chieftalk as we have no experience in your version of the software here....

Hometalk

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

Mick.