wall schedules

winterdd

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Where are you looking to track them down ?

They should all be listed in your Wall Specification Wall Type Dropdown for each template you have.

Track them down in the working plan file. Every wall I click properties on doesn't pull up with that name. I found -11.0000 in the wall dropdown but you can't delete it because apparently is used somewhere lol. I will try solver's idea and see what happens. Why does chief set up those names? I didn't use a custom name for any wall types.

4 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

They should all be listed in your Wall Specification Wall Type Dropdown for each template you have.

It looks like in particular he is looking at a wall that instead of changing the wall definition he changed the wall thickness which gives it a weird nomenclature on the end.

7 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Is there a way to keep certain walls out of the schedule

As Eric is showing you can find them that way by clicking on the item or in the edit toolbar a find item in plan tool pops up.

But to answer the OP.  Open your schedule and select the type of walls you want to include.  Many times glass walls, or different types of railings you don't necessarily want to include so on the 1st panel of the Schedule DBX you can choose which walls to include.

I found them with the "find object in plan". I know what happened. Those are my porch railings (-11.0000) which I gave a wall thickness to match the column thickness's which has been discussed here several times. Apparently that is when chief generates a particular name??

Just now, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Apparently that is when chief generates a particular name??

That really is odd behaviour  as far as I am concerned.  It is nice to be able to change the wall thickness but it really should prompt you to create a new wall with a new name.

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

That really is odd behaviour  as far as I am concerned.  It is nice to be able to change the wall thickness but it really should prompt you to create a new wall with a new name.

Very odd but glad it has been figured out for future situations.