Detailing Around Built in Shelving

CharityS

You will have to create that molding using polyline solids. I'd start with a polyline...edit as needed and then convert to a solid. 

You might want to take an elevation view of the cabinet...then convert that elevation into CAD using "Cad Detail from View". In the CDFV window...select all the lines and move them to a new layer...and lock them. Then use the CAD, Default layer to draw your molding. 

I know...it's a lot of work. :wacko:

I think Steve has the right idea. I'd just convert a side and a top to a cabinet door symbol', then flip the copy and flip the side symbol while also changing the side that the stretch plane used to keep the width from changing from positive to negative.  It's a bit more work but allows you to at least slightly change the size of the cabinet once made. Not that altering the size is a bit limited in range as the miter joint begins to be off as you go but still better than making lots of new ones.

Plan attached- this was made for the U361350 (made from the original tall cabinet which gets rid of the bottom) Open the cabinet DBX and each symbol DBX and examine ALL the settings carefully. Then maybe play a bit with copies  of the symbols to see what happens.

image.thumb.png.8baf96c6e9974af0347467c80bbb312d.png

Scallop edge cabinet.zip

• Like 2