Exporting a Chief site plan with accompanying jpeg into a CAD .dwg file

Ange822

Good morning,

I am helping a college who is having issues exporting a Chief File into a CAD . dwg file.

The issue is, she had imported a .jpeg of a clients survey to draw over to create a site plan.

Now trying to export the file to CAD, it will not export the .jpeg with it (that we sized / rotated into place).

The other option would be just to import the .jpeg into CAD and re-size / rotate to fit, but wasn't sure if their was an easier way.

See the files attached.

thanks in advance for the help!

topo capture.JPG

McMillan -custom-VER.4- SITE - 08.17.21 ENTIRE LOT.plan McMillan -custom-VER.4- SITE - 08.17.21 ENTIRE LOT.dwg

The plan file doesn't contain the jpg file - be sure to use Backup Entire Plan when you upload files which contain referenced images.

FWIW, I've never run across a program that includes referenced files (images, pdfs, etc.) when it performs a dwg export. Even with AutoCAD you normally have to send along the referenced files as loose attachments.

3 hours ago, Ange822 said:

Now trying to export the file to CAD, it will not export the .jpeg with it (that we sized / rotated into place).

Not sure if it helps but is Save in Plan Checked in the Imported Image's DBX?     ( Robert mentions it not in the uploaded plan)

19 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Not sure if it helps but is Save in Plan Checked in the Imported Image's DBX?     ( Robert mentions it not in the uploaded plan)

I don't think Save in Plan will matter. The Chief export process doesn't include objects like image files, pdfs, etc.

11 hours ago, Ange822 said:

The other option would be just to import the .jpeg into CAD and re-size / rotate to fit, but wasn't sure if their was an easier way.

You may be able to use a third party conversion to do just that but Chief will not do it on it's own.