Fridge panel redux

GeneDavis

Thought I'd start a new thread because this isn't how to build a fridge panel with the cabs tools, but how to control visibility in a plan.

I got totally stumped trying to get the 2D planview to show the panel with its stile front, but finally read all the fine print, watched Mark's vid, read KBird's post, and it dawned.  Go to Plan Defaults, Cabinets, and check to view doors and drawerfronts in plan view.

I built my fridge panels and saved them as library objects.

Now how can I place in a plan and for only the fridge panels, see in plan view the doors and drawerfronts, but only for the fridge panels?

2021-08-23 10_32_04-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

I can make that work, but want the blocked pair to be assigned a single cabinet label for planview and schedule.

Edit.  And . . . I figure it out.  Now I've a second way to do fridge panels, and this one shows correct in planview without all the other cabs needing to display doors and drawerfronts.

Funny.  While I was reading through that other thread and attempting to help show that everything still worked in X13, I was wondering who would want to show all their doors and drawers just so they could display end panels.  

Anyway, I personally don’t typically care enough to show that particular detail in plan view.  There are a whole handful of alternative methods and different object types you could use, but I think the easiest is probably to just stop fighting it make yourself a little CAD block to paste over those.  We probably could have collectively just patched it with CAD 100 times in the time it’s taken to post and respond to this topic.  I’ve just found that you can easily eat up far more time and energy trying to shoehorn things into using Chief’s automated tools than it would take to just do them manually.  It’s all about finding that balance.  

3 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Go to Plan Defaults, Cabinets, and check to view doors and drawerfronts in plan view.

This and the New Layer are only needed if you only want to see the L-Shape in Plan View , personally I have several Client's that work with Door and Drawers on, so it is not an Issue, and it also helps with visually aligning Flush Fillers ( flush with the Doors, the norm these days ) which I build a similar way from a base cabinet.

2 hours ago, Dermot said:

Two partitions blocked together?

While it will work as Noted they can't be added to Style Palletes ( yet? ) a down side if you need to do "Options" for Clients, this way. ( why I use Base Cabinets)

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

make yourself a little CAD block to paste over those

Not on it own as it can't report to a Schedule as Gene and a lot of others need it to, but as an Overlay to show the CAD L-Shape in Plan Views, if needed yes.

M.