Missing "gable Over Door Edit Button"

JayPlesset

Chief Architect premier x6

Trying to follow the user guide to learn this product, and having difficulty creating a gable over a door. Doc says, "select the door and the 'gable over door edit button' will appear".  Nope.  Can't find it.  Can't find it anywhere.

How do I make it appear?  Yes, we have the edit buttons on bottom, all except for this one.

Tried a window.  Same thing.  No gable over door edit button.

thanks!

Heck, I don't see it either. I'd tell you to just add the icon to the toolbar, but I can't find it anywhere in the Toolbar Customization dbx. Maybe try resetting the toolbars with the RESET TOOLBARS button: right click anywhere in a blank toolbar space, then CUSTOMIZE TOOLBARS>TOOLBAR>RESET TOOLBARS. Hopefully that will bring it back.

You need to make sure that you have a room defined by the wall that contains the window or door.

If you draw just a wall, or a room that isn't closed, then you don't get the icon.

I think this is because Chief can't auto build a roof if there is no room definition.

You can draw one manually by using Build...Roof...Gable/Roof Line.

Resetting toolbars won't make any difference.

The auto Gable Over Window/Door icon on the Edit Toolbar is not available outside the Edit toolbar.