techniques

winterdd

Sometimes you can get away with pline solids for chimneys. In this case I don't want to do that. I have a 2 story home with attic space. What are some techniques you guys use to transition the exterior 1st floor walls to the 2nd floor tapered walls for he chimney?

image.thumb.png.70dce9740843ea623eee0e77038a2c6c.png

That would likely be one of the rare times you could justify breaking the wall and manually editing it.  Lay it out with cad in your elevation view so you have something to snap to and place your break in the top of the wall and peel it down then angle it over.

43 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

I have a fireplace tool in my symbols thread that is built from cabinets with dynamic sinks for the tapers and chute. Much faster than roof planes IMO. Even has a foundation.

Link, please?  I searched and could not find.

2 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I have a fireplace tool in my symbols thread that is built from cabinets with dynamic sinks for the tapers and chute. Much faster than roof planes IMO. Even has a foundation.

Sounds cool Rene, link?

Sounds like something I have done before chopsaw but not with actual walls just pline solids. Cool idea though.

Roof planes, never thought of that.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:42 PM, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Sounds cool Rene, link?

Sounds like something I have done before chopsaw but not with actual walls just pline solids. Cool idea though.

Roof planes, never thought of that.

On 8/7/2021 at 6:54 PM, GeneDavis said:

Link, please?  I searched and could not find.

• Upvote 2