Layout View exports to PDF with giant cyan blob...?

alexpwalsh

Here's an interesting one. I go to export a layout sheet to PDF, and I get a massive blue blob on one of my views. Nowhere does this show up in the view when in the layout file, or when I pull it up by itself. No other view has this issue. Cyan is also not a color of any of my layers for this view. Any ideas??

blue splotch.jpg

view in layout file.jpg

4 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Actually it is most likely your vapor barrier.

Hah! You're exactly correct. When I made this detail a couple weeks ago, I was confounded as to why changing my line weight for that line wouldn't thicken my vapor barrier, as I wanted the position to be easily visible. I must have settled on a weight of 2560 and left it..

Why does line weight not update until you go to print to PDF? That seems a little off..

I guess I would expect an altered lineweight to show up the same in a working view as it would in print preview. An analogy would be working in an Excel sheet where you want to make a bold border or highlight around certain cells, yet you can't confirm that you've done it until hitting print preview. 

Just as an FYI...

Actual scaled line weights (and accurate line styles) will only display accurately on the screen when you either turn on Line Weights or Print Preview.  There are buttons for these on the right hand of your screen if you are using the default toolbars.  The reason that most people have these turned off is because they can get in the way when you are trying to work in a plan.

Also, if you want the line weights to look correct on the screen, you need to check settings in the Drawing Sheet Setup for the view you are working in.  You can find some more information here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00923/understanding-and-adjusting-line-weight-scaling.html

• Upvote 2

Just now, alexpwalsh said:

And I can totally see now why it is off by default.. it makes plan view look like a cartoon...

It maybe should not look quite that bad.   Check your Drawing Sheet scale setup as Dermot suggested above.

• Like 1