Programming in Ruby for CA

Doug_N

To all the Ruby wizards out there, if I were to buy a book on programming in Ruby, what book should I start with?  I am pretty much into doing site statistics using my own code along with a generous help from Joe Carrick.   I am fascinated with just how far I can go into the secrets that makes CA work, and how I can further work on a data collection system that is tailored to what my client audience needs.  This includes data on exterior wall areas, ratio of glass to wall area, room sizes that require windows by code, the relationship of the window to the floor area and so on.

Any suggestions?

I"m not as bright as Joe or the others :0 Early on Joe suggested the Humble little book of Ruby-free on line. I also use the website he mentioned above. Got a fistful of free pdfs on line. First two books I bought were really really basic and not great. The one that helped me better understand things even though not all apply is The Well Grounded Rubyist. A lot of it is more advanced (beyond me) but that one has helped me more than any other-YMMV. (in the long run I doubt I'll ever be very proficient at it )