Customizing callouts

Designer1

I researched for this answer but couldnt get a clear solution to this. I want to customize the way the callouts look for different cameras in the 2d drawings. Is there a way to customize each of these callouts for different view types (wall elevation, exterior elevation, cross section) for the working drawings?

Thanks in advance!

Many will use a custom cad line symbol and arrow setup saved in their library and place over the cross section camera and turn the camera display off.  But it’s not dynamic obviously so you need to do it once you are sure of your cross section locations.

Thanks for the replies. That’s what I thought that I would need to do is customize the circle callout.  With all the other customizable callout options with shapes and arrows I thought I had to be missing something. It doesn’t make sense to be able to offer so much customization on some callouts yet have to do workarounds on others. 

Thanks again to both of you for your time and help. 

Hi Glen, thanks for the reply and sorry for my late response.  Yes and no to your question.  If you were to take a toilet and a bathroom sink can you apply a circle for the toilet, a square for the sink then have chief tabulate all the same fixtures in the plan and place that corresponding label on the CDs?  

Glenn yes exactly! Can you clarify how you got customized callouts for the items you have shown there?  Also does it make a difference in how callouts behave if its a chief library item or one lets say you import from a manufacture website?

Chad,

I must admit that I cheated a little.

You can't get 2 different callouts in the one schedule.

I used a second schedule for the toilets (no title or column headings) pushed up under the sink schedule.

You need to assign a different Category to each symbol type on the Schedule panel of the Fixture Specification dbx and then display only one type in each schedule.

To keep it simple, I just made the basins Outdoor, but you can create a custom category if you want.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 9.02.00 pm.jpg

• Upvote 1