pdiaz4

Corbels

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know how to draw this corbel connected to the boxed eave? I’m using chief architect premier x12

EE047FDE-7C6E-4400-8B02-E3EFB2DBA075.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pdiaz4 said:

Does anyone know how to draw this corbel connected to the boxed eave? I’m using chief architect premier x12

EE047FDE-7C6E-4400-8B02-E3EFB2DBA075.jpeg

Draw a polyline solid in elevation view. Draw it on the wall, then move it to the left the correct amount. Set it's thickness as desired. Remember, it will be on the wall, so if you set it to be 4" thick, you'll need to move it 4" back to be flush with the wall cladding. Once it's flush, the material will blend perfectly. Don't forget to set it's layer to whatever works for you. For example, I have an Exterior Trim layer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you,

Any time I draw the poly line and make it into a solid, it creates only a mold around it and doesn't give me thickness options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pdiaz4 said:

Any time I draw the poly line and make it into a solid

 

Use the Polyline Solid tool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, solver said:

 

Use the Polyline Solid tool.

Thank you,

Now it’s doing this. If I move it to the right, it over laps lines and doesn’t look blended 

F3FDF289-0E14-4684-93A4-DD979D398169.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pdiaz4 said:

Thank you,

Now it’s doing this. If I move it to the right, it over laps lines and doesn’t look blended 

F3FDF289-0E14-4684-93A4-DD979D398169.jpeg

In Plan View, select the polyline solid, move it away from the wall, then back towards the wall. it should 'bump' up against the siding and stop. 

OR use the 'point-to-point' move tool to accurately place the solid to the corner of the wall. Then, select the wall, open the dialog box, then close it. The material will then blend.

 

YOU MUST BE ACCURATE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, robdyck said:

In Plan View, select the polyline solid, move it away from the wall, then back towards the wall. it should 'bump' up against the siding and stop. 

OR use the 'point-to-point' move tool to accurately place the solid to the corner of the wall. Then, select the wall, open the dialog box, then close it. The material will then blend.

 

YOU MUST BE ACCURATE!!

I’m sorry I’m just bombing this. I did the point to point and brought it out so it could bump against the siding. 

743147D7-F4B5-447B-A8FF-E7D2F87D0410.jpeg

7AFF98E9-22ED-4A5F-B14A-A16CBF5F0DDE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can help us by using a Screen Capture tool instead of a camera for your images.

 

 

I've never been able to get rid of the vertical line between the wall and solid in anything other than standard view.

 

ct0.thumb.png.3f4a1e10791c9bfa75866d62b42294ca.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize, a little new at this, as you can tell.. But at this point I'm just trying to figure out if it's even possible for it to blend like the very first picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, solver said:

I've never been able to get rid of the vertical line between the wall and solid in anything other than standard view.

 

I have no problem getting rid of the lines as long is everything is actually lined up.  It's probably worth noting though that you do have to hit F12 or click Rebuild 3D in some situations to get a pre-existing camera to remove that line.

Lines.thumb.png.eecde4d60f8600c16bbd8e084b9ef1f2.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the corbel thin like a wall (like the pic below), or does it run all the way along the wall like a frieze?

I used a wall to do this very quick one.

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.37.41 pm.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, glennw said:

Is the corbel thin like a wall (like the pic below), or does it run all the way along the wall like a frieze?

I used a wall to do this very quick one.

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.37.41 pm.jpg

It is thin like the wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

I have no problem getting rid of the lines as long is everything is actually lined up.  It's probably worth noting though that you do have to hit F12 or click Rebuild 3D in some situations to get a pre-existing camera to remove that line.

Lines.thumb.png.eecde4d60f8600c16bbd8e084b9ef1f2.png

Thank you! Did you use poly line and make it a solid as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pdiaz4 said:

Thank you! Did you use poly line and make it a solid as well?

 

No.  I just used a Polyline Solid as Robert suggested in the very first response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pdiaz4 said:

It is thin like the wall

In that case you can use a wall and shape it in an elevation view in the same way as shaping the polysolid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, glennw said:

In that case you can use a wall and shape it in an elevation view in the same way as shaping the polysolid.

How do I shape it in the elevation view? I try creating breaks and it won't allow me to break and manipulate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pdiaz4 said:

How do I shape it in the elevation view? I try creating breaks and it won't allow me to break and manipulate it

You don't shape the side of the wall, you shape the bottom of the wall.

Create a new short wall that extends out to the fascia, drag the bottom of the wall up and start shaping it.

The bottom of the wall becomes the underside of your curved corbel.

The big drawback is you can't shape it into a proper curve.

What I did was draw a circle to the shape, placed break points in the wall and then snap the break points to the circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, pdiaz4 said:

I’m sorry I’m just bombing this. I did the point to point and brought it out so it could bump against the siding. 

743147D7-F4B5-447B-A8FF-E7D2F87D0410.jpeg

7AFF98E9-22ED-4A5F-B14A-A16CBF5F0DDE.jpeg

The secret to the blend...Then, select the wall, open the dialog box, then close it. The material will then blend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pdiaz4

Follow the steps in the video. Couldn't be easier.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, robdyck said:

The secret to the blend...Then, select the wall, open the dialog box, then close it. The material will then blend.

 


Hitting F12 is a lot faster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:


Hitting F12 is a lot faster.

For Sure! But it doesn't work for everything that needs to be rebuilt. I'm just stretching an attic wall and F12 won't get the frieze to build on the new portion. Open & close on the roof plane does! So I've certainly got a habit of just doing a double-click then press Enter right away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 9:10 PM, robdyck said:

@pdiaz4

Follow the steps in the video. Couldn't be easier.

 

 So I did it exactly how the video was, I tried f12, I tried rebuild walls and it doesn't work. I drew another plan to see if it was me not doing it correctly and it worked, I'm assuming it's because of that second wall kinda creeping out but the walls are the same sizes.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 9.14.57 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pdiaz4 said:

 So I did it exactly how the video was, I tried f12, I tried rebuild walls and it doesn't work. I drew another plan to see if it was me not doing it correctly and it worked, I'm assuming it's because of that second wall kinda creeping out but the walls are the same sizes.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 9.14.57 AM.png

 

Looks to me like your objects aren't properly aligned.  Might help to make sure your various snaps are turned on, especially Bumping/Pushing...

 

Snaps.thumb.png.4c75d19e7d6b162be6bb7782329276ef.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you will attach your plan file, someone will take a look. Close Chief first.

 

But see if this helps first.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    29326
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    ernest
    Newest Member
    ernest
    Joined