Saved plan view templates

RL-inc

Probably a bit of an old topic but one question I have regarding Saved Plan Views is any sort of a SPV template- and not the one that is OOTB from CA X12.

Do most of you create a series of base SPV's that are your go to for the majority of your designs and save them with your plan templates?

And if so, is there a way to copy or export those to use in an existing plan- or will plans brought forward from pervious version need to have SPV's created for each.

Much appreciated

3 hours ago, RL-inc said:

Do most of you create a series of base SPV's that are your go to for the majority of your designs and save them with your plan templates?

I do. Then if I need a new SPV that's similar to another one, I open it and "Save Active View As" to create the new one.

3 hours ago, RL-inc said:

And if so, is there a way to copy or export those to use in an existing plan- or will plans brought forward from pervious version need to have SPV's created for each.

You don't export SPVs but you can import them from another file by simply going to File > Import > Import Saved Plan Views.

You can always make a new save plan view just using the "Save Active View As" tool, as mentioned above.

You can import any saved plan views from a plan that already has the ones you want, as mentioned above.

In addition, you can also create new saved plan views for a legacy plan by opening the layout and selecting the views you want and using the "Create Saved Plan View" edit toolbar button.

You can also set them up pretty quickly just using the Project Browser.  It has tools to create new ones from scratch as well as make copies of any existing ones.  It also has the ability to group select so that you can make changes to multiple saved views all at the same time.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:16 AM, Dermot said:

You can also set them up pretty quickly just using the Project Browser. 

I use Right Click duplicate in the PB and the configure it the way I want from there....

Import is nice for updating older Plans with the current SVPs you like to work in....

M.