Creating a Dickey Roof

Chrisdutch89

i have Chief X12.  I'm trying to design a two slope roof and am following the instructions on the help page.  I set the the lower roof slope at 3 on 12 and have the walls drawn.  When I attempt to drawn the "Marquis Window" using the build command I can't drawn the window I can only draw another wall.  So I wind up not having a two slope roof even after I've set the upper roof slope at 6 on 12.  Can anyone help me?

Christopher O. Dougherty, RA,AIA,LLC

Chief 12X

PO Box 244

Pompton Lakes,NJ 07442

David, 

Good evening.  Thanks for getting back to me.  The term I should have used was a rectangular selection marquee around the area I was working on.  I did get an answer that helped.  The article for double slope roof doesn't note that I needed to click the shift button and hold it while I was dragging the window across the drawing.  When I did that I was able to highlight the drawing and design the roof.  I'm still working on it now.

Chris

2 hours ago, Chrisdutch89 said:

David, 

Good evening.  Thanks for getting back to me.  The term I should have used was a rectangular selection marquee around the area I was working on.  I did get an answer that helped.  The article for double slope roof doesn't note that I needed to click the shift button and hold it while I was dragging the window across the drawing.  When I did that I was able to highlight the drawing and design the roof.  I'm still working on it now.

Chris

Just FYI...you can use Auto Rebuild Roofs and use the "roof tab" in the Wall Spec Dialogue Box to set (2) unique roof pitches. I created the attached example model using auto rebuild roofs...didn't manually draw a single roof plane. It's a powerful tool...

See pic attached:

2021-01-12_22-30-38.thumb.png.3325a92cddb659711d3e85d563d25c0b.png

• Upvote 1