How does one pause a walkthru in a record path?


dskogg
 Share

Recommended Posts

We actually can create a pause during a Walkthrough.  Chief is very stubborn though and it requires some extra convincing...literally.  Just take 2 Key Frames and stack them directly on top of each other (it helps if you place a temporary point or something else to snap to).  Then open the dialog box, increase the Time by the desired amount, copy this number (unless its a really easy one), and then click Okay.  Now open it right back up because Chief won't listen to you the first time and paste that number into the Time field again.  Repeat that 5 or 6 times.  Seriously, you just have to tell Chief several times to get your point across.  Like I said...stubborn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

We can actually can create a pause during a Walkthrough.  Chief is very stubborn though and it requires some extra convincing...literally.  Just take 2 Key Frames and stack them directly on top of each other (it helps if you place a temporary point or something else to snap to).  Then open the dialog box, increase the Time by the desired amount, copy this number (unless its a really easy one), and then click Okay.  Now open it right back up because Chief won't listen to you the first time and paste that number into the Time field again.  Repeat that 5 or 6 times.  Seriously, you just have to tell Chief several times to get your point across.  Like I said...stubborn.

Thanks Michael... I will try ..  good tip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Thanks Michael... I will try ..  good tip

 

You bet.  I also forgot to mention that you may want to put in a couple buffer Key Frames (one before and one after your pause) to help control the transition a little better.  You'll probably see what I'm talking about after you play with it a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2020 at 12:39 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

 

You bet.  I also forgot to mention that you may want to put in a couple buffer Key Frames (one before and one after your pause) to help control the transition a little better.  You'll probably see what I'm talking about after you play with it a bit.

Michael, you weren't kidding..i had to save it 5 times for chief to save new time...how would you even know to do this after you saved it say 4 times and it didn't work?

 

This took me about 21 mins to render, 1604 frames, 783k surfaces, 15 fps

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Michael, you weren't kidding..i had to save it 5 times for chief to save new time...how would you even know to do this after you saved it say 4 times and it didn't work?

 

Ya, I was pretty sure it required exactly 5 repetitions, but I wasn't 100% positive so I said 5 or 6 and kept it less specific just in case.  I think it's one of those things I was trying to force at one point be trying various things (Time, Speed, etc.).  At one point, it finally stuck, so I knew it was possible and just stayed persistent till I figured out why.  I'm not sure I would have ever figured it out, except that I'm relatively certain we used to only have to tell Chief 3 times (which was a lot easier to discover by accident).  Before I answered your question, I tested it again and 3 times didn't work, but since I knew it used to work I just kept trying.  It seems Chief has become a bit more hard headed over the years. 

 

P.S.  Probably worth reporting to tech support if its a feature you want to hold onto and make easier to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    30394
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    Char91
    Newest Member
    Char91
    Joined