Sign in to follow this  
momsdesign

head room above steps

Trying to cut a slope or "head room" just on this front edge of the ceiling. This ceiling is also a slab. It's the only way I could get this 3rd level split to have the right ceiling heights. Can anyone help on how to make a cut out for head room on this? I have a picture of the current space attached as well. I am sure I did something wrong and not even sure if this design would work -I guess i need it to look like the very last picture of the existing ceiling - but do it all the way across.

head room.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

So much easier if you post plan so we can figure it out.

Take a back-clipped cross section view and select the slab, you should now be able to create breaks in the slab and position it accordingly.

• Like 1

Use invisible walls to mark around your lower staircase. 
Adjust the ceiling height and then add a p-solid for the sloped part. Or a ceiling plane with a slope if you’re comfortable with that. 

You can also work from the floor above but instead of adjusting the ceiling height you’ll be defining the area as “open below”

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I think I had some burn out this week working on this design. I am 5 months into learning Chief, so I appreciate the help!! There only so many videos I can watch!