Pict the post, use the arrow to rotate.  If you have a line drawn of the angle you want it to be, use the parallel/perpendicular tool at the bottom and align with that line.

Capture1.JPG

• Upvote 1

I am assuming you want the post rotated in elevation.  For that, I would use either a Polyline Solid drawn to the correct profile in the elevation view or a 3-D Box that is rotated in elevation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So I made the post into a polyline, but now what? My rotate/resize about current point or my angle dimension will not activate.

10 minutes ago, SchmittenDesign said:

So I made the post into a polyline, but now what? My rotate/resize about current point or my angle dimension will not activate.

Have you taken a cross section or a elevation view?  Try in that view type?

Also this could be a version issue so please fill out your signature so we can give you proper advice based on what software you are using.

Please check your messages for info on how to fill out your signature -- it helps others who are trying to help you.

Please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum.

Like this?

Capture-2.thumb.PNG.1b5ba6dc8f795c5c034f6b918f5a9ce0.PNG

I may have misunderstood the question. B)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I believe this is more difficult for you in x11 and one of the main reasons that Eric mentions to have your version in your signature line.  With this particular need it is usually done with a polyline-solid but the ability to manipulate solids from different angles was an x12 improvement which means that you would have to build your solid post already angled and not just rotate it in x11.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:53 AM, SchmittenDesign said:

Read my post again.  I chose my words carefully.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:37 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

...use either a Polyline Solid drawn to the correct profile in the elevation view or a 3-D Box that is rotated in elevation.

9 minutes ago, SchmittenDesign said:

Thank you!

Untitled 1.jpg

You bet.