HumbleChief

Schedule Management?

Recommended Posts

I've recently adopted a CAD detail that contains all my relevant schedules (versus my previous single CAD detail for each schedule) but don't want to send them all to Layout as a single CAD detail. I thought I saw this technique in a training video but can't seem to get it to conform to my needs. Not really fond of the send as image feature either but am curious how you all manage schedules and what I might be missing.

 

Thank you

cad schedules.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the idea is to send the entire view to the layout and crop it down to the schedule you want to have displayed, thus hiding all the others. You can also send the same view to layout multiple times and crop each differently to display what ever schedule you want or multiple schedules on one page if needed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also note I have no idea if my above mentioned approach is at all efficient for the plan or layout file size. I could see on a really big set of plans how this might bog down the layout and cause slow downs or lag in the program with a bunch of hidden information but I've not really experienced that myself.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Kyle, I think I understand the logic you present and it seems as though that's the only way to manage schedules in this way but I can't seem to find a real upside to the technique? How do you manage schedules? Others?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do what Kyle mentions. I do zoom in to the portion I want to send and just send the current screen to layout so I don't have to crop too much.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

I do what Kyle mentions. I do zoom in to the portion I want to send and just send the current screen to layout so I don't have to crop too much.

Thanks Mike, I think I'm out of the single CAD schedule idea. Just can't get it to be flexible enough for my usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Mike, I think I'm out of the single CAD schedule idea. Just can't get it to be flexible enough for my usage.

I use Cad details for every schedule because I find it more reliable when using the SAM method with layouts. Another benefit is how reliable the width of all of my schedules are when sent to layout. Easy to align on true center. When you crop a layout box you can quite easily create an offset. I also happen to use the Box labels instead of the schedule heading. With the single CAD detail method I would need to rename every box label.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

I use Cad details for every schedule because I find it more reliable when using the SAM method with layouts. Another benefit is how reliable the width of all of my schedules are when sent to layout. Easy to align on true center. When you crop a layout box you can quite easily create an offset. I also happen to use the Box labels instead of the schedule heading. With the single CAD detail method I would need to rename every box label.

Thanks Rene, I didn't realize how comfortable I was with the above described method until I tried the single CAD schedule detail. Not for me, but I'll adapt if it looks better for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28446
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    ShayKD
    Newest Member
    ShayKD
    Joined