Hello, 

My name is Jared Smith, I just started studying “Product development and Innovation” at SDU in Odense, Denmark.
Me and my group has been assigned a semester project, which consists of us redesigning an Architects lamp. 

We’ve been handed a lamp and it is our task to come up with a new design and new features to add to the lamp.
For us to understand the market we’re reaching out to several architects around the world, to get a picture of, what opinions and ideas are required to create a good working space. 

My question for you now is, what requirement does a lamp have to fulfil to optimize working on projects? Which lighting is good and does the design matter? We appreciate any ideas, suggestions and/or opinions.
We hope you could find time, to help and we’re looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, Jared Smith 

When I sketch, I am at the same seat as when I use my keyboard. I will just move my keyboard out of the way and work with some trace paper or a drawing pad. Therefore I am generally using the light of my monitor. I would suggest you work on a filter/magnifier of light from the monitor. No additional energy but a modification for the energy being used right in front of me.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:17 AM, ChiefSmi said:

Hello, 

My name is Jared Smith, I just started studying “Product development and Innovation” at SDU in Odense, Denmark.
Me and my group has been assigned a semester project, which consists of us redesigning an Architects lamp. 

We’ve been handed a lamp and it is our task to come up with a new design and new features to add to the lamp.
For us to understand the market we’re reaching out to several architects around the world, to get a picture of, what opinions and ideas are required to create a good working space. 

My question for you now is, what requirement does a lamp have to fulfil to optimize working on projects? Which lighting is good and does the design matter? We appreciate any ideas, suggestions and/or opinions.
We hope you could find time, to help and we’re looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, Jared Smith 

Double knuckle articulating arms are outdated. Would love to see a single piston single knuckle arm with an integrated led to be ultra sleek. Seeing as this is the tech age, I would incorporate standard mountable hardware for attaching such things as a standard microphone for dual purpose use. Also would be nice to quickly shift locations of such a lamp nby creating a mounting system that is easy to detach and mount to say a mic stand or wall mount bracket.

Maybe something very directional and focused.  Keeping light AWAY from the screen is important.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JosephIM
    Newest Member
    JosephIM

• By RonMur
      I've done a floor plan in HD Pro for a home we'd like to build, and I'm looking for a designer that can take the plan and further develop it (site plan, sections, elevations, details, etc.) for permit process and ultimately for construction.   
    • By DCB123
      I am an experienced Chief Architect Designer of (7) years now. I have completed several large scale, high end custom residential home projects, here in SW Florida. I have samples of my work, and photorealistic renders, full walkthroughs animations all done in Lumion software. Pls, reach out to me, by phone, or the email listed below. I’de love to hear from you now. My rates are based upon the project, but, an idea of what I charge, is normally $50 per hour for my drafting and design time, this is somewhat negotiable, and can be addressed when we discuss your project together. Pls reach out to me to discuss your next project. Thx!

Email:
      douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      cell: (970)987-4476 msg/txt

• By SpeleoWorm
      I am a new CA Premier X12 user and would like someone to review my plan & layout files for a new construction residential duplex that will be located in Bethlehem, CT (see rough draft).  I am looking for feedback regarding my use of Chief Architect as well as any architectural, structural/engineering and/or building feedback such as:

changes to make the CA plan more efficient, reusable, maintainable, etc. changes needed to meet code requirements changes that can save money or be more cost effective to build changes that might be more aesthetically pleasing to a buyer changes that will make the plans clearer/easier to read/understand for the builder, lumber yard and/or building inspector feedback on material choices (zip system or Tyvek, roof trusses or not, floor trusses or I joists, batts or foam insulation, vinyl/wood/hardie siding, etc.) any wisdom that might help me avoid long delays, bad contractor experiences, problems with the town/state/health dept., etc.  
      I don't expect you to be an expert in all 4 areas (CA, architecture, engineering & building), so if you are only able to help with one of those areas I would still be happy to consider you for just the piece that you have experience with.  If you are interested please send me a personal message with information on how you would be able to help and what your rates are.
    • By hamedDesighn
      Hi , when ever i press delete key i should see this why ? seriously ? this bug was within chief since 2 years ago that i started with it .
    • By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .