Ronniesha

How to change "R" symbol on 6" recessed can light

Hello, 

So I am creating a lighting plan. I have indoor recessed 6" can lights. But I also have outdoor 6" recessed can lights. And so I want to change the "r" symbol on the can light to be something else so that when I create my lighting legend people can differentiate between the two type of can lights. 

Hopefully that makes sense. I am new to chief so if anyone can describe how to do it in simple terms that would be great! Or any links to videos!

right click the light, use the open symbol dialog and you can generate a cad block, or choose a different cad block.

21 minutes ago, Ronniesha said:

@Dermot

@robdyck

Does anyone have any video tutorials?

See if this makes sense...sorry, no sound. Tip...you have to do EXACTLY what I do!:P

• Upvote 1

@robdyck

Okay for some reason when I explode the CAD and go to add the text block the block disappears. I working in the electrical plan view.

Just now, Ronniesha said:

@robdyck

Okay for some reason when I explode the CAD and go to add the text block the block disappears. I working in the electrical layer.

turn on the  default cad layer

@SNestor

Okay I followed your steps (thank you for adding sound!!). But after I completed your steps and I have changed the symbol to Rx - I went to connect the electrical to a switch and I can't connect it. For some reason it wont connect like a normal lighting fixture would.

Hopefully that makes sense!