AlainJean

Missing Texture

Recommended Posts

I am downloading free catalogues from Chief Architect 3D library. When I import them to Chief Architect, they all have texture missing. How can I fix this?

 

I am using X12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should report problems like this to our technical support team.  If they can confirm that the problem is on our end, they will then log a bug for our content team to correct the library.  You can find info about contacting technical support here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this problem in the past. For some unknown reason some of the file paths under Preferences, General, Folders were not pointing to the correct X12 folder, some were still pointing to my previous X11 folders, make certain to select Show all Program Paths just to make sure. I just changed the folder name and all was good. I can only think that when I upgraded from X11 to X12 that I did not properly migrate things over, likely too excited to try out the new version.

 

Another thing to watch for, after the catalog is downloaded from your browser there will be displayed at the bottom of your screen an option to open the file. When you select this it will automatically run the catalog installation file, for it to know to install this in X12, X12 must be known in the file associations, I've encountered this were the file association did not have my latest version of CA assigned. You can set file associations in windows settings. The alternative is to go to your download folder, find the downloaded file, right click and choose open with, select X12 and all should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 12:42 PM, TheKitchenAbode said:

I had this problem in the past. For some unknown reason some of the file paths under Preferences, General, Folders were not pointing to the correct X12 folder, some were still pointing to my previous X11 folders, make certain to select Show all Program Paths just to make sure. I just changed the folder name and all was good. I can only think that when I upgraded from X11 to X12 that I did not properly migrate things over, likely too excited to try out the new version.

 

Another thing to watch for, after the catalog is downloaded from your browser there will be displayed at the bottom of your screen an option to open the file. When you select this it will automatically run the catalog installation file, for it to know to install this in X12, X12 must be known in the file associations, I've encountered this were the file association did not have my latest version of CA assigned. You can set file associations in windows settings. The alternative is to go to your download folder, find the downloaded file, right click and choose open with, select X12 and all should be good.

 

When I download catalogs from my browser, I don't think it saves to the correct X12 folders. I have to manually open my Chief Architect project, select library in my tool bar, then select import library, and then find and import my catalog stored under my downloads. Then it successfully imports, but without texture.

 

I'll try your suggestion and see if I can make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TheKitchenAbode.

 

I managed to fix the issue. When I download catalogs from my browser, I save it to my desktop. Once on my desktop, I select and drag the file onto Chief Architect. Chief Architect then accepts and downloads the files successfully with texture! 

 

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it your kindness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlainJean said:

TheKitchenAbode.

 

I managed to fix the issue. When I download catalogs from my browser, I save it to my desktop. Once on my desktop, I select and drag the file onto Chief Architect. Chief Architect then accepts and downloads the files successfully with texture! 

 

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it your kindness.

 

Glad you found a resolution. This seems to indicate that the file associations in Windows may be missing X12. When you drag a file over it's kind of an alternative to right clicking a file and selecting open with.

 

You can check file associations by opening up window settings, select Apps, select Default Apps, scroll down to the bottom and select Set Defaults by App. Scroll down the list until you see Chief Architect Premier X12, click on it and select manage. It should show all the file types and the name of the program that the file type is associated with. If you see a program other than X12 click on it and a DBX should pop up that will let you assign X12 to it. Once this is done then you should be ok to just open the downloaded file directly from your browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything should be fine then. Come to think about it, I believe that once you actually open a file with a program that windows automatically adds that program into the file association list. You could test this by deleting that catalog from your library and then download it again and open it in your browser, if the textures come over then all is good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 3:06 PM, AlainJean said:

No, I don't see any other program other than X12.

 

 

It won't hurt when you see issues like this to click the File Association Button in Preferences.....especially useful if you run more than one version of Chief as Windows will sometimes swap the File Association to the last used Version, so for example double Clicking a .plan file will open it is X11 or X10 not X12 as you may of wanted.

 

image.thumb.png.47148d98da0c6841d910452ba2c1d648.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Kbird1.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:16 PM, Kbird1 said:

 

 

It won't hurt when you see issues like this to click the File association Button in Preferences.....especailly useful if you run more than one version of Chief as Windows will something swap the File association to the last used Version , so for example double Clicking a.plan file will open it is X11 or X10 not X12 as you wanted.

 

image.thumb.png.47148d98da0c6841d910452ba2c1d648.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28415
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    HeartAlba
    Newest Member
    HeartAlba
    Joined