Refresh time - Rebuilding the model

stevenyhof

2 minutes ago, BrownTiger said:

Code42 scanning / backup takes a lot of resources I do not believe it matters how powerful your CPU is. When It does the full scan you will fill it. 

I agree. I set it to not run during my work hours, but then run after and all through the night until morning.

• 1 month later...

So I figured this will raise those who helped before. My son is looking into fixing up my old computer (noted above) and so I was thinking of putting my new RTX 2060 in that, plus he will upgrade some other things.

I am looking into the RTX 3080 now which seems by the tests I have seen to go twice as fast. With x13 around the corner and the talk of needing a fast video card, I thought I would look into it. What are your thoughts on the RTX 3080? There are faster but the price is going up fast too!

Personally I would suggest waiting a while, get X13 on your new system and see how it functions. So far the only real need to go for a very high end graphics card is if you feel a need to Ray Trace for potentially improved reflections. Your RTX 2060 is capable of doing this so you will be able to evaluate it, if you think it's great and need it to be faster then go ahead and upgrade. Just be aware that a quality rendering is not just determined by whether or not a rendering engine has the capacity to real time Ray Trace, there's a lot more to it than this one feature.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Personally I would suggest waiting a while, get X13 on your new system and see how it functions. So far the only real need to go for a very high end graphics card is if you feel a need to Ray Trace for potentially improved reflections. Your RTX 2060 is capable of doing this so you will be able to evaluate it, if you think it's great and need it to be faster then go ahead and upgrade. Just be aware that a quality rendering is not just determined by whether or not a rendering engine has the capacity to real time Ray Trace, there's a lot more to it than this one feature.

That is a great idea. And perhaps the 3080 being out of stock is a blessing. 

Side note, the other reason is that my son and I love to play Wreakfest together (he is a little better than me but I give him a run for his money), and I gave him my old computer and he is complaining! haha. So he can get some new things and move my 2060 over and then I can upgrade. But it will have to wait. Thank you