OnlineBuilder2

How can I do this roofline quickly?

Is there a quick way to do this roofline? I tried putting another level above but its not working. I've done this years ago but can't get it now

design idea.jpg

In the 2 end walls dbx, go to the Roof panel and use the Dutch Gable Wall option.

Auto build roofs.

Or..it looks like there may be a double pitch.

In which case, in addition to the above, open the walls dbx for the 2 long walls and enter the Upper Pitch options.

Auto build roofs.

Here is a very quick one:

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.35.28 pm.png

@OnlineBuilder2 - did this video for someone on Chief Talk a while back...may help.

Steve,

Great video as usual, but probably MUCH easier to do a simple roof like that using the auto roof tool.

Build a zero height second floor and control the dormer with a room on the second floor.

The big advantage of doing auto is that the model is very easy to change if you want to see how variations will look - or, if in a very unusual circumstance, the client changes their mind and wants some changes!  ;)

I realise that it was an older video not necessarily made for this particular situation.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 11.06.50 am.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glennw said:

Steve,

Great video as usual, but probably MUCH easier to do a simple roof like that using the auto roof tool.

Build a zero height second floor and control the dormer with a room on the second floor.

The big advantage of doing auto is that the model is very easy to change if you want to see how variations will look - or, if in a very unusual circumstance, the client changes their mind and wants some changes!  ;)

I realise that it was an older video not necessarily made for this particular situation.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 11.06.50 am.png

Yea- auto build is the way to go.