Ray Trace - Single Room

AngeloInc

Hello all, 

I am somewhat new to CA and am having trouble with ray tracing a single room. When creating a single room to ray trace, I add lights to better see the details. When I ray trace and my camera view is "outside" the room walls, it will not pick up any light and ray trace dark. Any idea on how to correct? Thanks!

Emily

image.pngimage.thumb.png.e92765c1b0c659babbba7cd2ec047928.png

Edited by AngeloInc

• 3 weeks later...

@GeneDavis We don't draw other rooms since we remodel only single rooms. I want to be able to ray trace each wall view so I can see each wall of the room, but the rooms are too small for me to get the whole wall in one picture, so I need to back my camera up -and there lies the problem

Hide Camera-facing Exterior Walls?

Increase the Field of View?

Use Invisible Walls?.......

I can't check on it now, but I think it was possible to start by drawing the camera view inside the room and then backing the camera out of the room which maintained the room lighting - I am a bit vague on this though but will check when I am in front of Chief next time. 

1 hour ago, glennw said:

I can't check on it now, but I think it was possible to start by drawing the camera view inside the room and then backing the camera out of the room which maintained the room lighting - I am a bit vague on this though but will check when I am in front of Chief next time. 

I do it this way sometimes so I can maintain the room lighting (as Glenn says). If you save the camera in that position it will usually lose the room lighting next time it is opened for some reason. At least that is how it has worked for me in the past. Not sure if the "Hide Camera-facing Exterior walls" works with the room lighting, whether the room lighting still works or if it is lost in that view.

15 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

I do it this way sometimes so I can maintain the room lighting (as Glenn says). If you save the camera in that position it will usually lose the room lighting next time it is opened for some reason. At least that is how it has worked for me in the past. Not sure if the "Hide Camera-facing Exterior walls" works with the room lighting, whether the room lighting still works or if it is lost in that view.

I'll have to try it myself too. My only concern is that since I'm only drawing a single room, if I start my camera in the room and back out, the wall will block my view. So then I will use the cross-section slider and hope it keeps the lighting on.