Balcony Issues

tcbpremier

hey everyone, i'm fairly new to CA, Im currently working on a residential / commercial complex and am having nothing but issues with the balconies. For some reason the flooring system is just gone when i go and change the room type to "balcony".

Any ideas on what might be going on here? Currently using X12

410050653_chiefbalconyissues.thumb.jpg.2fe3ac58d1d28d22b2c803da7ddbf0d4.jpg

Looks like you have several issues to resolve but it appears you are using a railing with only a single layer.  The exterior layer of the railing wall definition provides the "skirt" that hides the floor structure that likely should be concrete and not OSB and hardwood ?

So take a look at your floor structure as well as the railing definition.  Also looks like maybe you have a ceiling for your balconies ?

thanks for the reply, yeah this is a very early drawing so there are a few things to fix still. I'll be adding a flat top roof with patio seating area in the cut off corner area. As for the floor structure etc thats where i get completley lost. Im just going with the current default for "balcony" room style. Im trying to upload the plan file but its not letting me. Noob lol

Make sure it is closed in Chief and then zip the file and see if it is less than 25MB to allow you to upload and one of the experts will take a look.  Floor structure is controlled in the Room DBX ( Dialogue Box ).