wolftide45

Showing Layer of an object when selected

Is there a way to show the layer an object is on without opening the object specifications? Maybe down on the bottom bar (not sure what it's called)

yes, Chief already does that

if the layer is not showing in the lower right then check your preferences and defaults 

Lew

Yes the status bar displays the layer but much more useful is the Active Layer Display Options panel  ( ALDO ).

Thanks to both, the status bar is the quick reference I was looking for. Does the ALDO change automatically when you select a different object? Right now, mine does not.

11 minutes ago, wolftide45 said:

Does the ALDO change automatically when you select a different object? Right now, mine does not.

Yes it should highlight the layer of the selected item and show associated layers.   Not sure there is a setting to turn that functionality off ?

7 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not sure there is a setting to turn that functionality off ?

Sorry, yes it is a backwards setting.  Deselect "Show all Layers" in ALDO options.

• Like 1

Wow, gamechanger. That was it, I've been looking for that forever. Should've posted long ago. Thanks so much for the help

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, wolftide45 said:

Wow, gamechanger. That was it, I've been looking for that forever. Should've posted long ago. Thanks so much for the help

Thanks for the post, I learned something new, too!