Split Level Plan Help

SNestor

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

@SNestor

4:51 of the video:

One of the things I'd be doing differently is with the lower roof. I'd have it build TO the upper wall, not under the upper wall. Now I realize that probably won't put the ceiling where you'd like, but I'd also be using a ceiling plane for the vaulted ceiling.

I use No Special Snapping, and I draw my roof planes up to the sheathing layer where they butt against a wall. 

I was just trying to accomplish like you normally would do things.  No “super secret” experience processes.  

Just FYI...the only reason there is a 2nd floor is because that is how my template is setup. I don’t think a 2nd floor is needed as all the rooms we are working with are on the same level...just one room is raised 36”.  

As I’ve shown in the video...you can achieve the design just using the tools Chief gives us...and I didn’t want to have to manually draw in something like a ceiling plane.  

No doubt there are multiple ways to achieve this design.  

27 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

I was just thinking about split homes...if you guys care to play with a crazy split home I'm designing you can goof around- I'm 14 hours in on the design:

Very nice!  Pretty good for 14 hours.

5 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Very nice!  Pretty good for 14 hours.

Gonna end up calling it the Bau-House..haha Thank you. Lot of work left to go, still working on its "flow." Then need to clean up all of the oddities that are created from split levels and add in structure, then furniture, entourage, lighting etc...ugh, probably another 60 hours.

Didn't mean to thread jack, just thought it was relevant..so many levels, defaults don't apply