Layout differant than plan view

MarkMc

Image shows layout and associated plan view. The cameras are visible in the plan view but not in the layout. I thought that there was a setting somewhere to hide/show inactive cameras but I can't find it. In any case shouldn't the layout show what is in the plan? This worked in the past but maybe I turned something off?

I use this particular view so that clients can access perspective cameras so they are never printed. So it may not matter but it does confuse the client a little.

Cameras Not showing.png

There used to be an inactive cameras layer. The OOTB template in X-12 doesn't have one, just "cameras,-type of camera-" which I believe functions the same for your purpose.
This give the end user greater control OOTB for which camera's they want displayed  

3 hours ago, Dermot said:

I believe the rule is that cameras will only display on a layout page if they are using a callout symbol (and if the layer is turned on of course).

Hm that appears to be the case but when it's a camera it shows the type of view. The callout doesn't and the attribute for rendering technique is not available. Guess I'll just suffer with it, or rather the clients will ;-> I checked back in X11 and it doesn't work there so I must be having senior moments.

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

It's in 3D View Defaults>Always Display Active Cameras, but it won't solve your current problem.

Yeah, I found that one, thought the reverse was also an option somewhere but not.