I have not had this happen before when building a roof. My trusses are not following the overhang that is showing as well as protruding from an attic wall where the framing is not building. It seems to have worked on the garage as you can see from the image. What am I missing?

2020-03-09 (1).png

You should probably attach the plan also..or at least a sample plan.  This just makes solving the issue so much easier.  Thanks.

As a guess check your baseline height on that top truss if you want it similar to garage one.

Have you rebuilt the Trusses , if you changed the overhang etc?  it is not automatic.....

you may also need the Allow Low Roof Planes Setting to be ON so Trusses will overhang other Roof planes properly

( think this was an issue a few versions ago and we got this setting to help with this)

M.

I did rebuild the trusses on the home twice with not luck in them snapping to the overhang or eave outline. The garage automatically built the roof trusses correctly. The plan file size is almost 30MB - I can try to save to a zip file.

21 minutes ago, MichaelJerome said:

Here is the file - Let me know what you can see.

Megale North Plan 2.7.2020.zip

I'm not a "truss expert" by any means...but, it looks like if you select "energy heel" the top chord of the truss will extend out to meet the sub-fascia.  

See attached:

2020-03-09_16-36-45.thumb.png.78015632413449fa5bf0fb7a5d8472cf.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    goshgolly
    Newest Member
    goshgolly

• By cjanderson66
      I know this discussion has been discussed before but I am having an issue with the roofs overhangs.  I have not had this issue before as most of the time the Boxed overhangs have worked but not this time.  I have tried everything in the book to make my overhangs boxed and nothing is working.  Any idea why my overhangs will show a boxed overhang?

• By GarageChief
      Hi, P L E A S E  need help with Truss Framing with Loft. The loft is continuos in 44ft length, The Trusses are 18ft long from rear gable end.

I am using X10.

Cannot find the answer for trusses in the mid of wider ceiling framing.

CAD settings…Retain wall framing?

Ceiling over 1st floor?

Thanks a bunch,
      Marcelo

Top View.pdf
    • By MrLowry
      Help! Fairly new to CA and having a heck of a time getting recessed lights placed in box eaves. They angle to match the pitch of the roof instead of sitting flush with the boxed eave.

I've done a fair bit of research and all I can find is a topic from 2012 discussing this (see here). Has this been addressed yet? I am running X9. 

The one suggestion in there of copying a recessed light into the user catalog and modifying it to place in the floor, then manually setting the height seems easiest. But I can't seem to figure out how to get the recessed light to place in the floor instead of the ceiling. 

Any tips?

Edit: Well I did figure out how to get them mounted in the floor and then offsetting them, but is there no easier way without adding additional roof planes or soffits?
    • By TSJDesign
      Hi all -
      Anyone have any tips for keeping light from "gathering" in the eaves (and ceiling corners with interiors) when raytrace rendering?  I get these weird artifacts all the time (day and evening shots) and don't know what I'm doing to produce them, or if its a quirk of the program.  Either way, it makes a lot of raytraces unusable (unless client likes led strip lighting in the eaves that is)...

Attached a 5-pass rendering (dark, but illustrates the problem) which does not get better with more passes.  Would love to hear if anyone else has had this issue, and what the solution might be!

Thanks much!
      Todd