I have asked this question on Facebook’s Chief Architect page and no one can figure out or help with what I am seeing. I can’t adjust the knee wall height unless I click and drag each piece of lumber individually. I did this once and then rebuilt framing for another wall and it rebuilt this to what you see in the image. I also had all the ceilings correct and then found them separated from the floor trusses today and the floor/ceiling heights are off. I tried the Edit>Reset to Defaults and that didn’t adjust them. I am not sure what is going on but I am definitely not intentionally doing this. I found it like the images below as I am placing everything into the layout pages and several areas are messed up. Any ideas?

2020-02-27 (1).png

2020-02-27 (4).png

I saw this on Facebook but didn’t have a chance to respond.  I believe you are asking for the support knee walls in your foundation crawl space to support the joist floor system?

Chief builds rooms even in the foundation so I believe your solution is to set your ceiling height in your foundation to the bottom of the joists and then build the walls.  If you have auto framing on if you adjust the wall framing you need to open that wall in structure and select the radio button for not to auto generate framing for that wall to keep it from resetting to what it thinks you want it to do.

As far as the other issues a plan file would probably be best in order to figure out what’s happening.

A Plan file would help for sure but...

It looks like you may have, after building the Crawlspace wall initially, have then reset the the Foundation Walls to "Hang the Floor Platform above on the Wall" instead ? as i can not think of another condition or setting that would cause the floor to drop inside the foundation walls like that...... the graphic is show 0" floor height as 10-12" higher than the floor structure is drawn ? definitely strange.

M

image.thumb.png.ba6abf5987df4bd96b687ba948f92327.png image.thumb.png.89d15878d108a36d7e934144165124c9.png

I removed the radio button selection "Hang Floor Platform..." and rebuilt the knee wall and that worked!!! Yeesss! Thank you!

Any thoughts on the drywall separation from the floor trusses? I look forward to suggestions from the file I attached.

Michael Jerome

28 minutes ago, MichaelJerome said:

I removed the radio button selection "Hang Floor Platform..." and rebuilt the knee wall and that worked!!! Yeesss! Thank you!

Any thoughts on the drywall separation from the floor trusses? I look forward to suggestions from the file I attached.

Michael Jerome

Looks like you have changed your "floor defaults"...and that has your ceiling screwed up.

You might also just use the "reset defaults" and see how that works.  You might have to re-draw the trusses...

2020-02-28_10-30-41.thumb.png.8e484acc94ffe01d440f2edad9941a10.png

I tried that with no luck. I have been going to each room on the first and second floor and selecting the default wrench icon or manually inputting the correct number for the ceiling etc. I think I have everything back to original but would appreciate any help if you all see something strange in the updated file I have attached.

Megale Center Plan 2.7.20.zip

I went back into my defaults and found the errors in the default settings - I corrected them and now I can click on Edit>Reset to Defaults and it adjusts everything correctly. I thank you all for your help and will use this platform again as I appreciate the resource and input!!

Michael Jerome

1 hour ago, MichaelJerome said:

Any thoughts on the drywall separation from the floor trusses?

Trusses do not "rebuild) on their own automatically, if you alter the floor or ceiling structure or heights etc, you must to Marquee (shift) select them all , open the DBX and FORCE a truss rebuild.

M.