Arrows: Auto Position Head And Tail Unchecked, But Still Wants To Stick To Text?

zowie123

Fellow worker bees!

I want arrows to stay where I put them because auto position doesn't seem to save me any time.  So I un-checked the auto position head and tail toggle, but they seem to act the same.  

Is there any way to make arrows not stick to text--ever, not even a little bit?  

Thank you, 

Barry

Seems like no one wants to respond to this thread. In any case, I never have paid much attention to such things and just do what I must to get work done. I realize this is not much help relative to your query but I consider that it is at least an acknowledgement. I put things where and as I  need them-that is what I do and I am satisfied, right or wrong.

DJP

Sometimes arrows still move around for me also, I have just tried to live with it, for now. I think what's going on is sometimes my arrow will attach to something other then what I wanted it to attach to. Like moving a ceiling joists or another hidden object. I also turned off the auto head and tail but it still moves.Don't know why but it has gotten better over the years.

Sometimes arrows still move around for me also, I have just tried to live with it, for now. I think what's going on is sometimes my arrow will attach to something other then what I wanted it to attach to. Like moving a ceiling joists or another hidden object. I also turned off the auto head and tail but it still moves.Don't know why but it has gotten better over the years.

I'm with Perry on this.  I have given up with the arrows.  I just don't get it.  Not a super big problem,  but if I am not careful,  arrows move....  I don't like it.

Quite frankly,  I am not sure if I ever want the arrows to move,  because when they do,  the beginning of a 2 legged arrow does not stay parallel to bottom of page and it's all mucked up anyway.

Someone needs to make these arrows easier to work with for us nit wits.